Honda CRX Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
quick update: after 18 months, V2 of the frankenrex hit the track. we're not 100% race ready, but the car is SOLID. the upgrade to 15x8 rims w/205 tires was incredible... i held my own in a 300hwp+ race group w/only 100whp. :)

best interaction ever:

me in race group 2: if you're gonna let me pass, pls go neutral throttle as i only have 100hp in the crx

other person: no way, you have more than that.

me (after he comes to inspect the car): want to see the dyno sheet? d15b2, enduro!

and finally, this is literally my favorite pic ever: i'm cresting T3A @ sears point, which is completely blind. i see a massive cloud of dust the second i apex, and i frantically wave to warn the drivers behind me.

HPDE photographer? right there.

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

yanno, a typical monday morning... just casually three-wheeling through the apex of T3A @ sears point whilst waving to warn the cars behind me that someone just spun. achievement unlocked! XD

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
oh yeah... might be time for a rear sway! ;)

quick update: after 18 months, V2 of the frankenrex hit the track. we're not 100% race ready, but the car is SOLID. the upgrade to 15x8 rims w/205 tires was incredible... i held my own in a 300hwp+ race group w/only 100whp. :)

best interaction ever:

me in race group 2: if you're gonna let me pass, pls go neutral throttle as i only have 100hp in the crx

other person: no way, you have more than that.

me (after he comes to inspect the car): want to see the dyno sheet? d15b2, enduro!

and finally, this is literally my favorite pic ever: i'm cresting T3A @ sears point, which is completely blind. i see a massive cloud of dust the second i apex, and i frantically wave to warn the drivers behind me.

HPDE photographer? right there.

View attachment 2192

yanno, a typical monday morning... just casually three-wheeling through the apex of T3A @ sears point whilst waving to warn the cars behind me that someone just spun. achievement unlocked! XD

·
Registered
a CRX
2,608 Posts
yeah, i'm seriously considering it but want to see what the other drivers think before taking this step. we've got a stock Si bar in our parts pile, so that may be V1 before we get spendy. :)
Can't say I blame you, they're not cheap. I was redoing the entire suspension on the car and needed all the parts to work correctly together. Stock rear sway bar wouldn't work well with the spring rates I'm running.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts