Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The name comes up from time to time, yet newbs are mystified.

Who is this mysterious stranger and why is he so important to the CRX community?

I have never met the gentleman so it would be presumptuous of me to try to define the man, the myth, the legend. Maybe some of our members who have first-hand experience could enlighten those who need to know more.

Scott

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
From watching his behavior, posts, self-reports, and his friend's reports:

Great CRX knowledge
Very intelligent
Very loyal
Very generous
Very exciting
Dates extremely attractive but dangerous women
Alcoholic behavior
Confrontational
Irresponsible
Violent at times

It is unfortunate that the last four tended to segregate people into two groups.

·
Registered
603 Posts
cbstd said:
The name comes up from time to time, yet newbs are mystified.

Who is this mysterious stranger and why is he so important to the CRX community?

I have never met the gentleman so it would be presumptuous of me to try to define the man, the myth, the legend. Maybe some of our members who have first-hand experience could enlighten those who need to know more.

Scott
He was a guy who was a jerk online, but from what I hear, in person was not as bad.
Never having met him, only came across as a jerk to me.
Not a whole lot of mystery to it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Canadians choosing Geoff to head up N12 = Americans choosing GW to head up the United States. :wink:

Nothing against Geoff, but giving the Uber meet to him just seems like a desperate ploy to dump the meet off onto ANYONE who would say yes.

Am I wrong here? I've organized a few small meets myself. Has Geoff run any meets that were successful?

·
Registered
734 Posts
cbstd said:
Maybe some of our members who have first-hand experience could enlighten those who need to know more.
Geoff is a guy who liked to stir up trouble from time to time on the resource. Depsite his sometimes mean attitude online, he (like many online people you will meet) is a very nice and generous guy in person (he handed a "dancer" $40 of his own money right in front of me at the Sundowner at N9 since he heard it was my first time at a strip club just so I would be forced to accept the young lady's offer of a private dance).

Strangely, he is also subject to a strangely high level of discussion on this board, despite never being a member. Sure, he was a troublemaker on the "other site" and he's a good guy, but for some strange reason he gets discussed a lot around here, people name pets after him, dedicate threads to preaching the gospel of Geoff, etc.

·
Registered
230 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
Strangely, he is also subject to a strangely high level of discussion on this board, despite never being a member. Sure, he was a troublemaker on the "other site" and he's a good guy, but for some strange reason he gets discussed a lot around here, people name pets after him, dedicate threads to preaching the gospel of Geoff, etc.
Cuz hes a funny guy. Hes definitly got some stories (like SETI) :lol:

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
all the while helping while insulting, lol

I met him at N10, a bunch of us stayed up talking til, well, the sun came up, and Street Luge puked on himself, and thought it was the guy sitting next to him, lol. Sometimes I do think he is just in the wrong spot at the wrong time, thus getting himself in trouble. Other times, I think he is the root of all evil, lol. But in person, he def is a pretty good guy.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
rex2nr said:
all the while helping while insulting, lol
I remember back at the other place when some noob would ask where they could get a bodykit or what kind of wing looks best on a rex. He would invariably respond something like:

"Stop. Immediately send your keys to (his name and address). You don't deserve a CRX. "

Except that it was funnier and more brutal.

Incredibly funny storyteller. Incredible jerk at times, too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Him being Canadian had nothing to do with the fact that he pissed me off more times than not.
I don't care if he is Mother Teresa in person, there just isn't a need to be a jerk online.
I was on his site for a while, and I will admit that his stories were just plain outrageous and entertaining to read. But all the while reading them, I know that his life being in shambles is a direct result of how he lives his life. That whole reap what you sow, life is cyclical kind of thing.

·
Registered
734 Posts
CrxCarl said:
But all the while reading them, I know that his life being in shambles is a direct result of how he lives his life. That whole reap what you sow, life is cyclical kind of thing.
His life is in shambles? He's just a college guy, living his life just like any other college guy. You make it sound like he's on his third stint in rehab and on parole or something.

·
Registered
78 Posts
ryan_long_01 said:
CrxCarl said:
But all the while reading them, I know that his life being in shambles is a direct result of how he lives his life. That whole reap what you sow, life is cyclical kind of thing.
His life is in shambles? He's just a college guy, living his life just like any other college guy. You make it sound like he's on his third stint in rehab and on parole or something.
No, he's not a repeat rehab case, but how many college guys like any other college guys have to flee a foreign country under cover of darkness? Among the other things he has done/probably still does...

·
Registered
603 Posts
DiscoStu said:
ryan_long_01 said:
CrxCarl said:
No, he's not a repeat rehab case, but how many college guys like any other college guys have to flee a foreign country under cover of darkness? Among the other things he has done/probably still does...
My point exactly.
My college days were nothing like his. And I have read his stories so I know what he's been through.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I met Geoff at N9, and I only knew one other person before I got there.
He was immediately friendly to me and I had a great time while I was there.
I was a bit worried that an old fart like me would be out of place there, but Geoff, Ollie, John (Compismo), Jonny Black, and Azilito welcomed me with open arms...
The rest of the folks I met there were just as nice.
I met so many, I could never remember their names, but I really did feel welcomed into the CRX community.
Oh, and I met Scamblerman the first time when we met up on the side of the road heading up to N9...
Abrasive, yes, a good friend, you bet.
Able to help with problems with your CRX? Absolutely.
I do miss his posts, and him, as I consider him my friend.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Geoff is Geoff and that's that. I doubt his life is in shambles and to assume that is kind of silly. Just because he likes adventure and being retarted doesnt mean the is something wrong with him.

Yes he is a pyro and we have that in common.

burning Marks seats was SWEET!!!!!!!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Charles said:
Great CRX knowledge
Very intelligent
Very loyal
Very generous
Very exciting
Dates extremely attractive but dangerous women
Alcoholic behavior
Confrontational
Irresponsible
Violent at times

It is unfortunate that the last four tended to segregate people into two groups.
xxpaulcpxx said:
Canadians choosing Geoff to head up N12 = Americans choosing GW to head up the United States. :wink:
That stuff is funny, even Geoff would have to laugh. I probably wouldn't add to the post if it wasn't for the fact that he is heading up N12 as most of what I could say has been said. I also miss his posts as D_Britt_57 mentioned. But it's not because he is in college, it's because he has been kidnapped by a couple big Russian dudes. I hope we hear from him before N12!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
azulito said:
I also miss his posts as D_Britt_57 mentioned. But it's not because he is in college, it's because he has been kidnapped by a couple big Russian dudes. I hope we hear from him before N12!
I don't know whether to believe you or not. With anyone other than Geoff I would know it was a joke. But considering his adventures in life...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.