Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried going to the mall today, and going my normal speed which is a bit fast, and hit a speed trip. 46 in a 25. Not good. So he come to the car and takes my licensee and reg and walks back. He comes back and ask if the car has insurance. I tell him it is but the card is at home. So he checks my vin, (bad word). Goes back to his car, and comes back. Asks me if the car is reg, I tell him no. So then I got to began to explain why its not and everything and then he's back to his car. Comes back, says that he's not going to arrest me but he has to tow the car, crap. He then ask me if I had a preference of which tow truck I wanted to come get the car. I gave him the name of some people I know that have a tow truck. Yea me, now I wont have to get the car from impound. So the tow truck comes, we load it up, and I tell him to drive it to my house. So that's where the car sits for now. The cop took my plates that were on it, so I cant drive it at all. Now I have a court date of the 22nd for the mis-use of plates and driving without proof of insurance. All in all, I've had a fun morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
So, are you asking for our sympathy for getting busted or proud that you are not in a lock-up?

Why is it that people feel a need to post their mis-deeds on the internet? Is there some sort of prize for confessing the dumbest thing you have done?

Did it occur to you that speeding in a car without registration OR insurance is going to get you in trouble?

Why am I busting your balls? Because apparently no one else in your life has ever taught you right from wrong.

Here is a clue: People like you are CRIMINALS and represent a danger to society. We pay Cops, District Attorney's, Judges and Prison Guards to insolate the rest of us good people from morons like you.

If you were my kid, I would bust my foot off in your ass. Consequently I firmly believe that I will never have to face this sort situation with my children who know that I hold them to a higher standard of behavior .

Now, pull up those baggy pants, turn that cap around straight, and if I catch you with any ink on your skin I will cut it off your flesh with a kitchen knife.

Scott
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
I guess my first question is why isnt your car registered?
Tough luck bro,but that cop was nice.It could have been worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
711 Posts
cbstd said:
So, are you asking for our sympathy for getting busted or proud that you are not in a lock-up?

Why is it that people feel a need to post their mis-deeds on the internet? Is there some sort of prize for confessing the dumbest thing you have done?

Did it occur to you that speeding in a car without registration OR insurance is going to get you in trouble?

Why am I busting your balls? Because apparently no one else in your life has ever taught you right from wrong.

Here is a clue: People like you are CRIMINALS and represent a danger to society. We pay Cops, District Attorney's, Judges and Prison Guards to insolate the rest of us good people from morons like you.

If you were my kid, I would bust my foot off in your ass. Consequently I firmly believe that I will never have to face this sort situation with my children who know that I hold them to a higher standard of behavior .

Now, pull up those baggy pants, turn that cap around straight, and if I catch you with any ink on your skin I will cut it off your flesh with a kitchen knife.

Scott
i think your daddy abused you as a child...

furthermore, Dodo, good to hear dude, it could've been worse!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ollie said:
I guess my first question is why isnt your car registered?
Tough luck bro,but that cop was nice.It could have been worse.
I went to dmv last week to get it registered but needed more paperwork. So i have to go to RI where i bought the car to get it. Im doing that on tuesday. Other then that, I dont know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,512 Posts
Guys this thread is valid and everyone is entitled to their opinions.
As far as I see it lock request denied. :focus:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Paul said:
i think that was a bit harsh
Nope I think he was rightn on the money. People like you is what makes my insurance go up! I can't wait till Mark see's this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,509 Posts
ollie said:
Guys this thread is valid and everyone is entitled to their opinions.
As far as I see it lock request denied. :focus:
I agree. I just wanted to use the emoticon. :D

This is the lounge. No big deal.

Hey, I did stupid stuff to as a kid. The cop handled it pretty decently. Could have made his life really crappy. Live and learn.

But no need to really jump the OP. He wasn't gloating or ragging on the cop. Just explaining the situation he was in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,844 Posts
cbstd said:
Now, pull up those baggy pants, turn that cap around straight, and if I catch you with any ink on your skin I will cut it off your flesh with a kitchen knife.

Scott
Way to generalize there, fella. Both times I've met Tom, he's seemed to have his pants on right, and I know the hat isn't "broken".

We all screw up, some people just get let off on the hope that we will not do it again. Seems like this was the situation. At least he's in the process of attempting to get everything legal.

Good luck with everything, man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone, the car will be legal and back on the road in notime, i hope. If not, im going to go crazy not having it. Its hard to live without your baby.

Im not gloating about this, it sucks that it happen and im not mad at the cop, in fact, i thanked him for being so cool. It just something that i didnt need right now and something else that is added to my plate of this going on in my life. The reason i post, and im sure most of you are the same way, is to keep others on here from making the same mistakes that one has already made. You make a mistake, you learn from it, and dont let it happen again.

Thanks for all of your support guys and i'll keep you updated.

Tom
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,047 Posts
I got nailed for 73 in a 45 about a month ago. That's 28 MPH over. Stupid, I know. I hate that I got caught, but I also know that it was wrong and I was dumb for doing it. It was just a perfect storm, wrong place, wrong time, wrong decision. I got what I deserved. Now, had I not had the car registered, there's no way I would have even been on the road. Not to mention even thinking about going over the limit...period. I think Scott was a bit harsh, but honestly, he's right. But we all make stupid mistakes sometimes. And sometimes it's nice when a cop is somewhat cool and lenient.

Personally, I've never had a cop give me a break. I do think that being in a CRX has something to do with it. But if I'm ever in a situation like that, it's my own stupid fault and I know it, and I don't really deserve a break.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
Do you even have insurance?
Yes, the car is insured. But i didnt have the card with me.

MarkWilliamson said:
makes me run the plates of every CRX I see.
Even if you did, it would have come back to a 90 black CRX. I drive a 91 Black CRX. It doesnt make it right, but i tried to make it somewhat legal. It got me though one officer stopping me. It was just till i got the car registered so i could drive it around. It wont happen again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,344 Posts
Dodo said:
Tried going to the mall today, and going my normal speed which is a bit fast, and hit a speed trip. 46 in a 25. Not good. So he come to the car and takes my licensee and reg and walks back. He comes back and ask if the car has insurance. I tell him it is but the card is at home. So he checks my vin, (bad word). Goes back to his car, and comes back. Asks me if the car is reg, I tell him no. .
1.Don't speed and give the cop a reason to pull you over.
2.Keep a current insurance card in your car, make sure insurance is valid, LOL!
3.Make sure vehicle is registered and legal.

Lesson learned.
Hell ya know what, if you were not speeding, you prob would have been ok... :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top