Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although all members contribute to the richness forum by sharing a passion for our CRXs (except those despicable members who sell their rexes because they need room for baby seats), a few stand out in my mind as having more than the average love of the car. I wanted to recognize them not necessarily for their contributions, but rather for their extraordinary pursuit of all that is CRX.

In no particular order:

Jay (stickershop):Who else owns TWO Special Editions with consecutive VINs and more outrageously priced JDM goodies?

Tom (crxfisher): For going the extra mile in creating the Community. He has attracted the cream of the other site and built a home of respect.

Heu (dohcrxl): For posting the highest quantity and quality of CRX information. And because I remember posts of his on that other board that showed an insane fanatical obsessive love for our cars. (And his avatar reminds me of true father's love.)

John (ComposiMo): He lives and works CRXs. Who else has restored a CRX the way he is doing it now? (Although one might argue that it is the one paying $3,000 for all OEM miscellaneous parts that deserves the praise, it would never have happened without John).

·
Registered
731 Posts
[speech]First I want to thank my mom and dad. Without your love and support I wouldn't be where I am today. Next I have to thank my old 93 prelude si (may her soul rest in peace). She is the one who by self-sacrifice led me to her sexy rexxy sister. Of course Tom and Jay for giving me a place where I can yap when my GF doesn't want to listen to me anymore. And last but not least, Charles for presenting me with this great honor. *cries[/speech]

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
:oops: I don't like attention.

None of this would be possible if it wasn't for me...ummm....I mean, you guys. Seriously, as I've said before...I'm just a computer geek who loves CRX's. I'm nobody special. Just another crazy rex machine.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Nooooo... say it isn't so!

John, if I'm on the right track, what you need to do is quit paying that super high lease for that super nice shop. Find something smaller and more manageable. Truth be told, high performance shops come and go all the time because the business is never predictable. I found a spotless 4 bay 2 lift garage here in 02 for 2500/mo but passed on it partially because that. I saw too many shops go down as quickly as they came up. I held my xGF/fiance accountable for standing in my way of being a shop owner but now I realize it was for the best. Refer to sig.

Just take it down a couple notches if this is the case.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For the cost of a shop, go live out in the county with no zoning on several acres. Build your own shop. You would get plenty of business from the forums and online sales, I'll bet.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Akira: Its for better things, believe me ;)

Heu: I wish it were that simple, but no, that is not necessarily the right track. Would it help? Yea, of course... but its not that much of a hit in reality. The bigger picture here is that i simply need a break from certain things. I've been offered a pretty nice 'job' at another local shop for me to do their fabrication for them. The nice thing about it, is that i just go in, do my thing, and leave. No customer issues, no "selling the work", no hassles... That is really appealing to me at the moment.

I need a break from my business, which gets 100% of my concentration 7 days a week, even when i try to avoid it. Its basic "burn-out".

I've done some pretty cool things in the past, and i'll continue to do some pretty cool things in the future, but not as my own shop for a little while. I'll be flying These Colors for the forseeable future... and they aren't bad colors to fly either ;)

I'll of course be keeping most of my tools and equipment, so no doubt, i'll still turn out some pretty sick stuff for my own car (yea, i am still planning on finishing my K20 Turbo Street CRX ;) )... and of course, i may decide to turn things up again later... i just need a break for a little while.

Charles: yea, i've thought about that... i'm still thinking of the Carolinas. dunno :p

·
Registered
47 Posts
Charles said:
Although all members contribute to the richness forum by sharing a passion for our CRXs (except those despicable members who sell their rexes because they need room for baby seats), a few stand out in my mind as having more than the average love of the car. I wanted to recognize them not necessarily for their contributions, but rather for their extraordinary pursuit of all that is CRX.

In no particular order:

Jay (stickershop):Who else owns TWO Special Editions with consecutive VINs and more outrageously priced JDM goodies?

Tom (crxfisher): For going the extra mile in creating the Community. He has attracted the cream of the other site and built a home of respect.

Heu (dohcrxl): For posting the highest quantity and quality of CRX information. And because I remember posts of his on that other board that showed an insane fanatical obsessive love for our cars. (And his avatar reminds me of true father's love.)

John (ComposiMo): He lives and works CRXs. Who else has restored a CRX the way he is doing it now? (Although one might argue that it is the one paying $3,000 for all OEM miscellaneous parts that deserves the praise, it would never have happened without John).
Seconded!

JP

·
Registered
214 Posts
Well John, that is very understandable. I wish you the best of luck with your new job and I can definitely see what you are saying about owning your own shop and all the extras that you have to do just because you are the owner. Just as long as you still show us really cool projects and insane cars that are being done up, so all of us here can still keep dreaming.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I can't say I blame you at all John. Been there before too, with my tinting business. I finally officially closed my doors last year. At first it was tough to turn away customers, but it got much easier. :lol: Customers can really get to you. Good luck with the new gig.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
akira: well, it is not really a "job" per-se, because i am still self employed.... i just have one full-time customer :p And of course i'll still show some cool stuff... how can you build a turbo manifold for a 220mph race car and NOT show it off... haha! (yes, pics coming in the next couple of days).

baker: Yes, they are. Call and talk to Eric if you do decide to order anything from them... he's a cool guy, and pretty much the only one there that is into Hondas.. hehe.

Tom: Well, its not the customers, because i've only had a couple that were semi-unbearable, but most everyone is cool... i do have a really hard time saying no to things though, because i like doing this stuff... but that'll have to stop. What is really getting to me more than anything, is the 24/7 requiremnt of the shop... i'd really like to be able to just leave, and not think about anything relating to work until the next day.. lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.