Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
..... Rust Is Bad Very Bad.......lol like ya'll dont know that. any ways. when i first bought the car the dude told me, on all back fenders on CRX's a lil corner starts to rust out. no im not complaing but i want a DIY type thing to repair it Cuz it is rusted all the way through.....ppl want 100 bucks each fender to cut it out and replace it with another piece of metal. but is there somtihng else i can do to make it look half decent. before i go to college. thnx guyssss 8)

·
Registered
952 Posts
well, its not easy, its not fun, but looks nice. you need to go to a junk yard and find a rear fender with no rust. next, cut out all the rust area and clean it up. Then get a mig welder and start welding the new fender into the old one. then grind it down to make it look nice and put some primer on it. tape off the panel and paint it to match the car. That will make it look nice. hope that helps. Sometimes its easier to have someone else do it even if it cost money. Besides, i got an estment of about 240 per fender, so i'll go to where ever you get that offer anyday.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
200? does that include paint? I'd have it done... thats pretty cheap, especially if you don't want to invest the time and equipment

·
Registered
58 Posts
if that includes paint $200 would probrably just barely cover the cost of materials alone. i just mixed 2 pints of paint at work the other week at work at $63 a pint, any body shop is gonna mix 2 pints for two quarter panels even though they won't use it all, then cost of clear coat, primer, body filler, use of the welder, labor costs, paint booth time, compound for buffing afterward, damn that sounds like a $500 job at least.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I got quoted 800 just to fix the rust. paint would be alot more, and this is with me knowing the guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.