Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truth about the JDM ZC

1st gen DOHC ZC - brown valve cover - came in 86-87 JDM Integra - will bolt directly into 1st gen CRX Si and 3rd gen Civic Si - will not bolt directly into 2nd gen CRX or 4th gen Civic.

2nd gen DOHC ZC - black valve cover - came in 88-89 JDM Integra - will bolt directly into 1st gen CRX and 3rd gen Civic, same as brown valve cover, however, it uses electronic advance distributor like 88-89 USDM Integra D16A1 - 1st gen CRX Si and 3rd gen Civic Si have vacuum advance distributor, so, to use it on 1g CRX or 3g Civic, you will have to do a lot of wiring changes.

3rd gen DOHC ZC - black valve cover - came in 88-91 JDM CRX Si and Civic Si - bolts directly into 2nd gen CRX and 4th gen Civic.

4th gen DOHC ZC - black valve cover - came in several different models of JDM cars 92 & up - is OBD1 - has Cylinder Position Sensor inside the distributor and will bolt directly into 92-00 Civics

SOHC ZC - basically the same as D16A6 (little more horsepower) - will bolt directly into 2nd gen CRX and 4th gen Civic.

SOHC VTEC ZC - basically the same as D16Z6 - OBD1 - will bolt directly into 92-00 Civic

· Registered
3,003 Posts
ok.......some good info but unless I missed a conversation somewhere it seems kinda random for you to put it up haha

· Registered
3,003 Posts
yeah it's good info.....just seemed pretty random to me. I plan on swapping out the first gen zc into my 87 crx whenever I can find one.

· Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah well good luck with that, you might be able to try jdm****.com or hmotorsonline.com to find a motor or maybe osakajdmmotors.com to find a motor like that.

and do you mean random in a bad way or just kinda like a curious random

· Registered
9,754 Posts
Add it to the second thread posted there, and I'll add that to the FAQ. I'm also moving this to the Mod Garage.

BTW, you both posted the same info (from hondaswap I think) in two different threads! Either way, I'm glad we have a couple of guys around who are doing the ZC in its various forms, keep the info coming! When you make a thread with good info like this let me know, or comment in the appropriate FAQ (just link to your thread to keep it from cluttering up).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.