Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, We had a bad hail storm down here in North Carolina. I covered my car with moving blankets as fast as I could but it wasn't fast enough :cry: . My car sustained pretty bad damage to the hood. The hail was almost golf ball size.

I was most worried about the roof and hatch window. The hood is easly replaceable even know it still sucks.

Since I've moved down here in early March, A tree branch fell on the hood of my truck and then this happens. The only hail damage to the truck was on the hood so I looks like I'll be getting the new cowl hood that I want :)

My Cousins 2006 Totota Corola that only has about 1500 miles on it has about 40 dents in the roof and hood.

Anyone have a nice yellow hood or should I just get a carbon fiber?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The next time it will hopefully be under a carport if not in the garage.

It really sucks because the first 2 years I had it, I was garage kept and barely driven.

Alright, who has a mint yellow hood?

·
Registered
634 Posts
scramblerman said:
Alright, who has a mint yellow hood?
Short answer: No one. Why? 2 reasons: 1) it's yellow, therefore it's cursed, and 2) since it's cursed, the car it came off was already totalled by hitting something really hard, thus trashing the hood.

You're gonna have to get a new hood and repaint it to match, or go with carbon fiber. Or you could maybe snag a hood off an '88-'91 Civic hatchback and paint it; word on the boards says that's the ONLY body panel that'll interchange directly with a CRX.

Mike

·
Registered
390 Posts
MarkWilliamson said:
I have seen three, less than 100k Y-49's creeping around here in as many days. "How does he know the mileage?" you're thinking. Well, there were some violations.... :wink:
Come on Mark, they have to have something on them that will allow you to confiscate their cars.... PLEASE =/

No, but seriously I'm kidding....

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
<-----he has a mint y-49 hood. :D

:p
Sorry to hear about your luck steve.. :(

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I'd get rid of her(the hood,not the car dont get any ideas) :lol: for the right price.I really,really am planning on going CF ZC hood.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
SETI20 said:
You can tell it's a true Y49 by the bigass dent in the front fender.
ExAAAActly!!! See, thats part of the curse... it NEEDS something to be wrong, it WANTS something to be wrong; so you give it something pretty wrong, and its happy for a while.... kinda like a small sacrifice to the Y49 gods :twisted:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.