Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come for me to move on. I'm passing on my role as "Site Owner" to someone else. It's just time. I'm not going anywhere, just giving up ownership and passing the responsibility.

Composimo has agreed to take on the task and continue this site with its original intent. I wouldn't expect things to change too much. I know he'll do a great job and serve you all well.

So this weekend we're planning to do the transfer. This site will be down for a while this weekend. I'm hoping for only a few hours, but it could be up to a full day. When you try to visit the site, you'll just get a message that it has been disabled. It's necessary in order to keep from losing any of the data in the transfer. If you have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me, or whatever. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Thanks again Tom for the opportunity!

No, things will not change much at all, and what does change if anything, will be for the better. The site will have a permanant home, and i'm looking forward to being able to carry on Toms vision of what a great CRX site should be 8)

·
Registered
734 Posts
That's cool, John is a good guy and true CRX lover, so the site will be in good hands...welcome to your new post, John, and good luck with the switch to both of you guys.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
wow such shocking news... . .I could not believe what I just read... But at least the site is going to a good home.... . . .John.... . will we still get to keep our moderator jobs??? just wondering.. . . I love this site... and spend alot of time here and would not want to lose my status. .. . .

John good luck with your new project crx site. .

Chris

·
Registered
20,330 Posts
I really don't have a problem with ownership changing as long as the site remains the same for the most part. The short time i have been on here, i have really enjoyed the site the way it is, the set up of it, and the members attitudes on here! Hopefully not too much, if anything will change.

The only reason i say this is because this is what exactly happend to another board i was on. I was familar with the board, it was very similar to this, small, somewhat close knit type of group. The owner then sold it to another person, they completely changed the site, it is now full of ad banners and , how should i say it, too many JDM whore ricers. Most of the OG's from the site were banned for voicing their opinons on the many drastic changes, even the old ORIGINAL admin/owner was banned. Just an unpleasant changing of the gaurd and it was not for the better.

Hopefully that will not happen here. :D

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Thanks for all the well-wishes guys.. :)

Bas: Won't help bud... lol!

ryan: Thanks! I'm sure the switch will go over well (hoping), and the site will continue to flourish as it has.

toxic: All current mods are FIRED! :p hahhaa! Just kidding :) Nah, all moderators will stay as-is. I don't have a desire to change things much from what Tom has already set in place. I can guarantee there will be small changes here and there for the better, but not for a little while, and nothing that drastic.

baker: That will definitely not happen here. The key thing to remember, is that i am not looking to this site to make money. I do not need the site to make money to be able to keep the server online. I'm not greedy. lol. The big thing, is that a lot of sites are run by people who cannot support them by themselves, or they feel the need to have the site go commercial to pay the bills. It is all about risk/annoyance versus reward.

Quite simply, this site is not big enough to have the annoyance of google ads and stuff be worth the financial return that would be generated from them... A site like Honda-Tech, for instance, is a completely different story. Over there, it is financially beneficial for them to allow ads, and have a banner structure in place that can pay them very well.

Most of you have known me for a loooooooong time, and know sorta what i stand for with certain things. I went through a lot for the Resource, and we all put up with a lot over there. I don't want this site to end up like that, OR like Honda-Tech.... i WOULD like more interactive discussions, and technical isues tackled, but that will come in time.

So peace be with thee... this site will be around for a LONG time to come, and it will remain a friendly, fun environment to enjoy these bottom-less pits we call CRX's ;)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
cool sounds like a good deal to me. . . . . .if you do half the job with this site as you do with the crx's that you build then we have nothing to worry about. . . . .

have a good weekend guys. . . .
chris

·
Registered
257 Posts
ComposiMo said:
Most of you have known me for a loooooooong time, and know sorta what i stand for with certain things.
Pandas??
or ducks??

I still dont know how you stand on this.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had this awful moment where I thought it was Steve_Jones you were giving it too.

Well done! I hope John is up to the task!

Oh, and just to get him in the spirit of things...

THAT NEW ADMIN IS A TOTAL DICK!!!

There, cherry broken. Carry on!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.