Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so... I got another CEL for the VSS today! My speedo now bounces below 20 or 25mph. I don't always get the CEL, but it's irritating me anyway. Could this be related to my clunky diff noise thing?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
The speedo is driven by a gear on the differential, so... Yes, it could be related. I had the differential in an auto go on me - the center shaft (pinion shaft?) slid out of one side of the differential housing, swung around and ejected the speedo gear from the tranny. I was driving along doing about 60 mph and I hear this POP and my speedo drops to 0. :?
On the other hand, it could purely be a problem with your speedo and/or cable - the VSS is part of the gauge cluster.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's weird, I replaced the cable and it's been fine for a week or so, but all of a sudden I'm getting the check light again and it's bouncing at low speed.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
could be related to the mount issue... if the engine is rocking, it could have loosened the cable in the tranny, so it doesn't have a good connection <shrug>

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was wrong, I assumed it was the VSS, but it's code 43. I thought that was O2 sensor, but apparently it's fuel supply system?
Then I look at the troubleshooting for it and it's O2 sensor after all! Something must have come undone when I was moving stuff around/washing the bay.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.