Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
yeah the Dodge Mustang body kit is just a little on the disgusting side.... but atleast the chick in the first picture is hot

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would take that black widow in the first pic anytime and leave that mutant crx behind...

JP

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like the interior but the outside is yuk!

Mazda RSX? '98 CRX? This dude is an idiot!

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm embarassed to say I'm a fan of the widebody kit... I'm a sucker for widebody, and I think the kit (minus the front bumper and hood, I hate them) makes the car look so friggin MEAN! :oops: [/i]

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I talked with that guy from N10 and he just loves his BW kit.
I guess its a either you like it or hate it kinda thing.
Guess where I stand? :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Question?

How recent is that article? if it is recent.. then I am just about going to puke.. that car is at least 3 years old.. maybe 4, and they are calling it "cutting edge"???

that whole article is a JOKE!
better get some "chedda" yo!

mazda rsx... 98 crx.. and they call themselves a CAR MAGAZINE!!!
I would love to be a writer for ANY car magazine! and they let this doofus loose with a pen and paper!

Shame on reinaldo (the writer) for not getting his facts straight, and double shame on whoever his copy editor was!!!

If you're just gonna do a piss poor job.. dont do it at all!!

ps.. the car sucks too.

later

Sneak

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
baker_jeff said:
I'm embarassed to say I'm a fan of the widebody kit... I'm a sucker for widebody, and I think the kit (minus the front bumper and hood, I hate them) makes the car look so friggin MEAN! :oops: [/i]
huge fan of widebody here too... just needs to be done differently...

the black widow kit is an embaressment to the CRX... i wish someone came out with a half decent widebody kit!

·
Registered
859 Posts
coldtotouch said:
baker_jeff said:
huge fan of widebody here too... just needs to be done differently...

the black widow kit is an embaressment to the CRX... i wish someone came out with a half decent widebody kit!
x3, if i got it i would cut out the whole front of that grill lol,

did anyone else catch the other widebody kit that was on ebay? it was a custom one, i wish my computer hadn't crashed i would still have the pics of it

i guess a custom company made like 10 of them to distribute around the world, it was freegin sweet

·
Registered
144 Posts
A local girl has the widebody kit on her CRX. I actually like her car. Here's a few pictures below. She's trying to remove the cheesy tail lights but they're actually a slightly different thickness than OEM, so there is a gap. Hopefully she'll have that fixed soon. It has a turbo ZC under the hood.

Build process:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/244910/1

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The color helps, becuase it tones down the kit. It doesn't look quite so bad as the mag car, but the kit is still tooo big for the rex.

I remember the kid at N10, he loved the kit but never foamed the back of it, so it kept cracking on him, lol. I would not want to do all that work, and then have to spray my car with expandable foam just to support a kit... more proof the thing is WAY to darn big for our little cars.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
totally confuses me why anyone would take the CRX, with its small, light, and nimble virtues and weigh it down with extra panels and foam. I guess it would be fine for a show car, but it looks so ugly why would any look at it anyway? Then you have more problems like cracking, alignment, and spacers for the wheels to come out farther, it's just retarded. Put the money into restoring it or swapping an engine.
/end rant

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
purplecrx said:
A local girl has the widebody kit on her CRX. I actually like her car. Here's a few pictures below. She's trying to remove the cheesy tail lights but they're actually a slightly different thickness than OEM, so there is a gap. Hopefully she'll have that fixed soon. It has a turbo ZC under the hood.
Again, The hood kills it... it ruins the beauty... the sides look good, but the rear is questionable. I'm just a fan of the stock taillights, i dont' think i've seen many people do them better, maybe a custom LED setup like this guys... http://members.lycos.nl/hendrik/crxproto/cyber.htm (i like this for a custom crx, i think the EG headlights look real nice)... OR even a rear end like this one if i chose to go custom... http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/CRXCENTRAL/Andy/MVC-9.jpg (Thank you JHMED at www.cr-xcentral.com for the pic)

Not trying to bash, for i always believe to each is their own... this is just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts