Honda CRX Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
dohcrxl said:
I know where I am now but I don't forget where I came from.
I am grateful the resource was there for me and the rest of us at around the time it was truly buzzing (I was there only since 2003 so I'm not sure how it was before that). I will not say that some of the rules weren't harsh but let's be honest, the way we behaved on that site and how we behave here today are not dissimilar - say what you will, it has rubbed off on the community - but we just do not have somebody to remind us constantly. For example most of the resourcers still use the same avatars and handles, I can't see any multi-line signatures or offensive ones, I do not see rude words in our posts - it's like we come from the same school with the same mannerisms. Only we feel comfortable not having a teacher with a stick all the time, now that we've grown up - and I think this is what makes the community great.

If I have dug up some old wounds for anyone, I do apologize cos it was not my intent to do so when I came to the community. But I am sure glad I found some old friends here and no doubt I will be making new ones too.

JP

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd like to make a distinction between Steve the individual and Steve the moderator/admin. I've met and liked the individual.
The admin is a different story. Rehashing out all the behavior "quirks" isn't worth the time, we all know them by now.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
True JPH, I dont argue the fact it might have rubbed off on some people, but the fact it was constantly reminded to keep in line at the resource is a reason I was either scared to post or didnt post at all. The community provides a lot more freedom in posting. I think rules have always been with me as well as many other people with or without the resource, but then again thats MHO. So with that said its just another reason for me to like the community more.

Of course people from the resource have moved here, and so have their inside jokes with everything else that entails....i guess its the fact a fresh start here or the person who runs this site-whatever-all i know is i feel more welcome here.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
grouch said:
I'd like to make a distinction between Steve the individual and Steve the moderator/admin. I've met and liked the individual.
The admin is a different story. Rehashing out all the behavior "quirks" isn't worth the time, we all know them by now.
I agree. Steve the individual helped with my swap. So did his wife. They were extremely decent to do so. I don't know who Steve the Admin is. He is so different from the person I met.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
and don't forget, even though a huge portion of us is in the 21-26 age bracket... back in the day, many of us were in the 16-21, the maturity level has definitely improved.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'd argued for awhile that the Resource wasn't dying. It clearly is.....It's a desert over there. Most new posts aren't even about CRXs. I still check in but only a few times a week. It used to be my homepage. I guess I was remembering the Resource for it was...it used to be amazing. When I "discovered" it in '99 it was great. I lurked on it for a year or so before I finally got the nerve to post. I'll never forget the first time I flamed by a drunken Cloudpump for a lame post about my car's "rare" options. It was fun, busy, and filled with knowledgably posters with great information. Now it's an internet ghost town. All the best posters have moved on. Like someone said the Community has the "feel" of the old purple Resource......

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I visit the site once a week to make sure that no one has PMed me. Other than that, i don't read the posts anymore, and i don't care.

I'm still a moderator over there apparently :roll:

I'll stick around here.... much nicer environment, and Tom is cool (finally met him in person today.. haha!)

·
Registered
428 Posts
grouch said:
You said it brotha.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well.. I think that place will always have sentimental value to me. It was the first forum I signed up for to read about my rex and Ive met a lot of wonderful people through that site.. but it started to get too uptight for me (but then again, Im very open-minded), and a lot of my friends started posting less and less.

Then, one day, I got banned because I was part of a bandwagon who was trying to get Geoff back, so I jokingly started my own forum and concentrate more on local rexers. At the time, NoahK was planning on shutting down the NorCalCRX Club, so I asked him permission to take it over and now we're at 1000 members! I spend most of my time on there, but I lurk around the other crx forums as well...

Browsing forums during your time off is good entertainment, and part of it comes from reading what the "familiar screennames" post.. and there should always be some balance, the time to be serious and the time where its ok to chill and joke.. but if the place is not giving us that warm, welcoming feeling, we can't be blamed for not wanting to stay.
No offense, I like the Resource, I even had the server shipped here to cali for a while.. it's just sad to see it fall apart and slowly get quiet, but then again, I'm responsible too.

Cliffnotes: sad that the resource is getting slower, miss the old times, but I also have my own forum/club and that takes time. =/

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I used to be on the resource a few years ago, but mostly just reading up on info and not posting, I had no idea that all these politics were going on in the background.

Before I found this site, I tried logging into the resource only to find my account deactivated. I "snooped around" a little and saw that there wasn't much going on, so I decided to move along and find another crx forum.

Soon after I found this place, knowing full well of many other crx forums, it just seemed like "the place to be." Somehow I got a good vibe from it, and I guess I liked the fact it didn't have zillions of members and guys with 1000's of posts. I hope to be an active part of the community as my knowledge grows and I work on my CRX more and more. Three cheers for the community!!! :D

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.