Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Me too....I guess the CRX is just an acquired taste.

The worst was when I was parking at work, and one of my co-workers came over and said, and I quote, "I've never seen a civic like that one. How old is it?" and as I explained to him that it wasnt technicaly a Civic and it was 16 years old he goes, "well, I guess if you need cheep transportation..."

At that I clenched my fist and bit the bullet. Oh well, we know better :D .

·
Registered
953 Posts
Nobody understands us with are CRX's. My friends think we're all nuts. All my car friends keep asking me "Why a CRX? Why not something with some power?" Thats why i spend most of my time here now. I am accepted as an equal. Its a good feeling.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Tiersin said:
Me too....I guess the CRX is just an acquired taste.

The worst was when I was parking at work, and one of my co-workers came over and said, and I quote, "I've never seen a civic like that one. How old is it?" and as I explained to him that it wasnt technicaly a Civic and it was 16 years old he goes, "well, I guess if you need cheep transportation..."

At that I clenched my fist and bit the bullet. Oh well, we know better :D .
That's when you paraphrase Employee of the Month...

This is a 1990 Honda, HOW DARE YOU!

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Its me DUB said:
Anyone get this month's Sport Compact Car? They've got a pretty cool article on an original '84 Mugenized CRX. Actual article is so-so,...but lots of neat pictures!
I usually never look at SCC. It is just full of ads and most of the time riced out or show cars.

Dodo said:
All my car friends keep asking me "Why a CRX?
Because regardless of power, they are still fun to drive!

Tiersin said:
as I explained to him that it wasnt technicaly a Civic
It could technically be considered a Civic, at least in the family.

·
Registered
914 Posts
True. Thats why I said "Technically". When people ask me what I drive, I don't tel them "Civic CRX". In fact, isn't that redundant. If I'm not mistakes, doesn't CRX stand for Civic Racing Experiment?

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
baker423 said:
I usually never look at SCC. It is just full of ads and most of the time riced out or show cars.
All car magazines are packed full of ads. I don't know if SCC has changed, but in the past 6 months I've been getting it, they've had some great race, budget, and Honda articles. I enjoy most of the magazine and could really care less about show cars.
You should check it out.

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Tiersin said:
When people ask me what I drive, I don't tel them "Civic CRX".
Yeah, i know, i was just being a [email protected]

Its me DUB said:
All car magazines are packed full of ads. I don't know if SCC has changed, but in the past 6 months I've been getting it, they've had some great race, budget, and Honda articles. I enjoy most of the magazine and could really care less about show cars.
You should check it out.
Some more than others, i suppose.
I prefer good articles on old Hondas over coverage of the latest ricer show anyday.
I'll prob look for it just because of the cool, rare old school factor.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Recently SCC has been pretty good, though I've only seen it periodically when I've been in a store. I was considering a subscription, but get too many mags already.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Its me DUB said:
Yeah I think about getting Grassroots, but I can't really afford another.
I just subscribed to GRM...if you buy it very many times over the course of the year, it's worth it -- I think it was around 20 bucks for the year, and probably 5 bucks an issue, so you get 12 issues for the price of 4 at the newsstand.

I started subscribing to magazines that I buy very often, because it's so cheap. I read some domestic mags just because I like classic American cars, musclecars, etc., and I think I got 12 issues of Car Craft for under 10 bucks. That's just crazy cheap.

I did just see the Mugen CRX article in SCC at Barnes and Noble today. That place is great for feeding my magazine addiction. I grab a coffee from the Starbucks and sit there for about 4 hours reading a huge stack of magazines...what a great way to spend a chilly Saturday!

·
Registered
6,561 Posts
Dodo said:
All my car friends keep asking me "Why a CRX? Why not something with some power?"
That funny... cuz my boss kept asking me "Why do you drive half a car, why not get a WHOLE car, Its not even powerful... blah blah blah (he goes on for hours about my black bullet)"... One day I went to get coffee and he was heading out to get coffee as well... so I gave him a ride... and for an 86 DX, he couldnt belive how much punch she still had in her.... since then, he shuts his mouth about the power, but just goes off about other things about the car that he doesnt like about the car... like the fact thats its still Half A Car....

·
Registered
6,568 Posts
Dodo said:
Nobody understands us with are CRX's. My friends think we're all nuts. All my car friends keep asking me "Why a CRX? Why not something with some power?"
thats alright man, jsut sended them down here beach side, sinful is capable of traveling at four different speeds: sub-light speed, light speed, ridiculous speed, and ludicrous speed.

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
mattminerDOTcom said:
thats alright man, jsut sended them down here beach side, sinful is capable of traveling at four different speeds: sub-light speed, light speed, ridiculous speed, and ludicrous speed.

[email protected]
I go to plaid in my rex all the time. :p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.