1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sword-wielding man arrested at car dealership

By: Staff report
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:49 AM PDT

A Sacramento man was taken into custody after he stood atop a vehicle Saturday, carrying a sword and ready to swing a sledgehammer after his trade-in offer was refused. The man, identified as Pete Bo Sizelove, 30, reportedly arrived in the lot of the Roseville Lincoln Mercury, 1710 Douglas Blvd., just before 1 p.m. Saturday, wanting to trade in his 1990 Honda CRX and an IOU note for a used 2004 Chrysler. When the offer was refused, reports state, Sizelove went back to his vehicle, took out a Samurai sword, sledgehammer and pry bar and tried to enter the Chrysler, which had been locked. When Sizelove was unable to enter the vehicle, he climbed onto the roof and was ready to swing the sledgehammer when a Roseville Police officer arrived and told him to "freeze." Sizelove followed orders, reports state, and was arrested without further incident. Charged with attempted vehicle theft and vandalism, Sizelove remains in custody in the Placer County Jail on $20,000 bail.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ti Rider said:
That's what I keep forgetting to bring to the dealership while I'm shopping for my wife a new car.....my sword.....
LOL! Honestly, I'm not surprised he had a weapon. I just think it's odd for people to even own a sword, let alone bring it alone where they go lol. If I worked at a dealership I would definitly not do a trade with someone whos car had a sword in it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ludesrv said:
I just think it's odd for people to even own a sword,
I have a Japanese junior officers' sword that was given to my father by a grateful Japanese police captain for helping him with a case (my father was in Naval Intelligence in Japan). Very cool sword. Made in Dec of 1941 (I'll bet they ramped up production that month. :lol:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I have a few swords, but they never leave my house. A funny story though...when I imported them to Canada, they were classified as "cutlery" on the customs forms. :lol: Yup, apparently here in Canada, we don't eat steak...we eat the whole cow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.