Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in a Meymester class learning how to teach at the university level. I go 4 hours a day for 6 days straight, have Sunday off, then go another 5 days. Blech! So on Sunday I want to do something fun with my rex. I bought a bunch of Zaino Bros products months ago and weather permitting, I plan to detail my car for the first time including going over it with a clay bar. I should have a nice shiny CRX come Monday.

Anyone else tried Zaino?

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Never tried the stuff myself, but I've heard (almost) nothing bad about it. My friends who are in the super high-end detailing business prefer Zymol, and that's what I've been using with amazing results. But I also have a friend with a Z06 who has a ton of friends in the Viper club who use nothing but Zaino. I'd like to try it some day, but since I have good contacts who can get me Zymol, I haven't done it.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please elaborate on what Zaino's pH is and why outside of that range is not good.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Charles said:
Please elaborate on what Zaino's pH is and why outside of that range is not good.
I do not know the ph of Zaino's products. You can do a simple test on your own by buying a pool ph tester. We have done some of our own testing and found that Dawn is at 14 and Mcguires is at 12. Our product is 7. So is Zymol.

If the ph is too acidic it will strip your paint of any wax and essential oils. That will dry out the paint. If wax or other contaminents need to be stripped another prodcut should be used. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Their site says their wash is pH balanced and contains no detergents, acids, or alkalines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts