Should I stay D16213.33%
Should I go B16640.00%
Should I make up my own damn mind746.67%
Should I go B1700.00%

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, since the guy renegged on his ebay purchase of my 91 Si SE, I have a newfound enthusiasm for my car. Although it sits in storage, my fondness has grown tenfold over the past few weeks after the car was almost bought.
Happy times for me. I belive the happiness stems from having a quiet, comfortable DD in the form of a 93 Civic Si. Anyway, on to my new dilemma.
The CRX will become my Track baby but still streetable. Said CRX will be getting a full Type R 5 lug and brake conversion, and hopefully a half cage and wire tuck. I also picked up a D-series SSo trans(4.43 FD) that will get ZC gears if I keep it. Now I have found a rusty CRX parts car that has a 155whp B16 in it and a y1 LSD trans. It also has Koni's and a cro-mo half cage.(I have Koni's already) all for the low price of 1250$ canadian funds. I also found a 92 Teg GS-R for 700$(it has high kms though). So I can't help but wonder whether or not to go B series. I love my D, but who doesn't love power? Plus I'd just love to see a B under the hood. I'm just not sure I should do it. I really can't decide. Funds are tight, but those are some good deals.

Thoughts?

D.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd say pull the B16 because it sounds like the car its coming out of has a wealth of other parts you can use. But regardless, I'm still gonna vote for "make up your own damn mind."

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I'm of the opinion that B-series engines belong under a CRX's bonnet. They were designed together, and they just look right together. D-series motors look wimpy in there and anything else is just blatantly not stock. (of course if I could afford a K20 I'd have one too :p )

The B17 is rarely an opportunity, but if you can snag a full 92 Teg GSR for $700 CDN, I'd say jump on it. There are other parts you can use from it, like the rear discs and prop valve, and anything else you don't want can be parted out.

I don't understand the 5-lug conversion, it's not necessary for big wheels or brakes and it screws up your alignment. If you want it though go for it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 5-lug was already on a CRX and had no alignment issues. It was done properly using 91 EX uprights with ITR bearings installed. It comes with 2 sets of wheels and tons of sapre brake parts, I just couldn't pass it up for the money.

The GS-R has really high mileage, and I already have rear discs. The car's been sitting for a year, not sure what to do with that one.

I guess I should make up my own damn mind eh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.