Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I had posted a couple weeks ago that my uncle is willing to give me his crx. If I don't take it I guess he is going to sell it. Anyway, I have a couple more questions since my last post.

He sent me a few pictures, hard copies, so I can't post them up here(I don't have a scanner :? ) . It's a tahitian green Si with 134,000miles on it (stock motor). It's lowered about 1.5" and has header/intake/exhaust and a set of 5spoke 16"s on it. It has a small spot of rust over the driver side wheel-well.

He says it runs perfectly fine, but he also used to autocross it. I don't know how long the engine is going to hold up if it's already at 130k miles and has been beat on. Do you think it would be necessary to swap out the engine and if so how much would it cost to replace it with the same oem engine + labor?

Thanks for your time, Sorry to bug yeh',

-Steve

P.S. Sorry if this is in the incorrect forum, I wasn't sure which section to post it in.

·
Registered
953 Posts
The engine only has 134000. I say only because these engines are good for atleast 200,000. There's another thred going on about a car about to hit 300,000, so your fine on that note. Its sounds very clean on rust so no problem there. With some work done already, its less money you have to spend later on (if you like modding). Plus its free if i recall. Take it and dont look back. These are great cars to own and will never die if as long as people like us still love them. Enjoy it and the most importent thing, have fun with it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If he was autocrossing it, he kept up the maintained.

I wouldn't worry, ask if he has changed the water pump\timing belt, the hoses and if the radiator is in good shape.

I suspect all of this has been done, but it don't hurt to ask.
Switch to Mobil 1 if he hasn't all ready.

Sounds like a good deal, free is a great price.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
ok first off, michigan??.......i'm going up there this weekend...maybe i should stop by and try and get my hands on that sucker haha j/k......but seriously u should take it....my car is sooo close to 300,000 miles and i still drive it every day......that motor should have no problem lasting u another 100k

·
Registered
20,417 Posts
Steve526 said:
Hi all,

I had posted a couple weeks ago that my uncle is willing to give me his crx. If I don't take it I guess he is going to sell it. Anyway, I have a couple more questions since my last post.

He sent me a few pictures, hard copies, so I can't post them up here(I don't have a scanner :? ) . It's a tahitian green Si with 134,000miles on it (stock motor). It's lowered about 1.5" and has header/intake/exhaust and a set of 5spoke 16"s on it. It has a small spot of rust over the driver side wheel-well.

He says it runs perfectly fine, but he also used to autocross it. I don't know how long the engine is going to hold up if it's already at 130k miles and has been beat on. Do you think it would be necessary to swap out the engine and if so how much would it cost to replace it with the same oem engine + labor?

Thanks for your time, Sorry to bug yeh',

-Steve
This should not even be a question of concern.

First off it is FREE!!
2nd, 134k on a Honda is hardly anything to blink at! It has lots of life in it, run it til she breaks!

Find a way to get this car if not he will sell it and you will be out a freeeeeeeeee Crx Si.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Do not take that car! It's been driven hard and abused and will probably not even make it out of the driveway. It would be too dangerous to even start the car.
Please PM your uncle's phone number and address.

PS. My girlfriend's cousin is a lingere model for Victoria's Secrets and asked if she can pay for us to come to her next photo shoot in Tahiti so we can have a three-way. Do you think I should go? If we don't go, she said it's okay because she can always take my brother instead.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Haha yeha I totally agree with UT rex' s sarcasm. . . .Get the car. . . . .for cryin ou loud its a free car. . . . . . you are going to go out and spend 2 3 4 5 mabye several more thousand dollars on a car. . . .and guess what.. . . . . It is probably going to break on you at some point too. . . .. . this thing is free.. . .what are you waiting for.. .

Chris

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
If you dont take it, you deserve to be knocked in the head with a baseball bat. (Not seriously but C'mon....)

Im sure the car would enjoy the drive back to your place....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, it looks like im definitely getting it but my dad brought up one complication: I called my uncle and asked him, and he doubts with the current exhaust that it will pass inspection in NJ, does anybody here now where I can get a stock exhaust system for a 91' si? Or at least one that isn't rediculously loud and will pass emissions tests?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Registered
711 Posts
Steve526 said:
Well, it looks like im definitely getting it but my dad brought up one complication: I called my uncle and asked him, and he doubts with the current exhaust that it will pass inspection in NJ, does anybody here now where I can get a stock exhaust system for a 91' si? Or at least one that isn't rediculously loud and will pass emissions tests?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
tried your local junker?

i guarentee you SOMEONE has their stocker lying around from an upgrade...

dude what a deal!... whatever the problem is, there IS a solution!

i'm going to check out another CRX tomorrow to pickup, this will be the 4th (just can't get enough)

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
or you can buy the same as OEM online at a site that has free shipping. I believe when I was looking for the "axle back" portion it was $110 bucks. so maybe add 50 bucks for the center section, and 50 for a cat, and you have brand new from the manifold to the tailpipe.

search for Bosal brand exhaust for crx on google or elsewhere.

but might as well try junkyards, you never know what you'll find.

·
Registered
114 Posts
yea don't worry about the miles or being beat on, mine has 179k now and i hit rev limiter just about every day and haven't changed the oil in 13k miles. im just waiting for it to blow up so i have a reason to put my ls/vtec in.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.