Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've never used the tokico blue shocks so I don't have an opinoin on them.I have the koni yellows on my car and their really good.I had the koni reds on a civic I used to own and they also worked really well.Tokico makes a good product though and if your only lowered 1.5" those should work well.I also hear the tokico illuminas are excellent. Oh,a friend of mine had kyb agx's with eibach sportline springs in his 90 crx and Iwas pretty impressed with that set up too

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
I have heard bad things about the blues, and I don't think they are that much better than stock for damping. I believe it has something to do with Tokico moving production from Japan to China...

I would stick with Illluminas (better) or Koni (best). Their lifetime warranties alone warrant the extra cost.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
I've been running Tokico blues on a 2.5" drop for almost 4 years. They're definitely better than stock. They came with a little warranty pamphlet that said they're not covered if your car is lowered more than 1.5", so I'm sure they'll hold up fine at that level. They are beginning to show some weakness on my car, but the life I got out of them at my ride height was totally worth the price.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have blues and a 1.5" lower on my car and its worked fine for me.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I have had both the Tokico blues on my rex as well as the illuminas on my DD 92 hatch.Both are a nice upgrade from stock.As for the "blues" they are a nice entry level dampner and are priced as such.My ride on the blues was fine and handled well.You should have no problem using them on a mildly lowered crx.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I remember some time ago from tokico's website that the blues were equivalent to the illuminas on the 3rd setting in terms of stiffness. I've got the illuminas with tokico springs and it makes for a damned good daily driver. Even on the stiffest setting there is really good ride quality. Would I use this suspension setup professionally? Heck no, but again, I drive around town with excellent ride quality and even my gf doesn't whine... I've heard some people say that they illuminas are under dampened but I think that is because they are using springs with rates that are too high.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.