Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this last weekend, i went to hang out with some friends, and watched... [que dramatic music] dun...dun...dun... The Fast and The Furious - Tokyo Drift

I won't spill many beans about the movie, but from a pure 'entertainment' standpoint, it was actually a halfway decent movie to watch. It was actually better than the first one, which i felt to be kinda cool if you ignore the technical aspects of the movie, and of course it was WAY better than #2, which really has no purpose in life.

They had a pretty good story this time, and as long as you don't sit and try to critique it like a friggin rocket scientist, and ignore certain aspects of the movie which are easy to ignore, you'll probably enjoy it.

The movie does of course leave you with a lot of questions... but in case anyone here is going to go see it, i won't mention some of them. Besides, most of it goes back to the "getting picky" standpoint... but for once, they showcased the cars in a pretty good light, with there actually being some realism (i.e. death in crashes), and they actually showcased Drifting as a RACE... not a ice-skating contest.. that was kinda interesting to.

Anyway, i'm rambling now.... anyone else here happen to see it?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I think Ill go see it. There are too many people out there whining like babies that its going to be stupid. Its a movie and I don't see what they are expecting.

Maybe tonight I might if the time is right.

·
Registered
914 Posts
i personaly dislike drifting. but i'll probably see the movie, i liked the other 2. To me, drifting is only a form of show, flashy cars making smoke and waisting tires. not much to it, any RWD beater can be a good drifter car(probably why its so popular). eather way, i like car movies, and i'll end up seeing it eventualy.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
The whole clan got together the other night 9 Sat) and went over to see it.... i was quite impressed.. . . like stated above its a nicely done movie...... yeah car dudes are going to pick at stuff in any car movie... but it was def worth my time and money and i will prob go and see it again... agreed the second one stunk..... first on will always be my fav though....

ironically tehre were not too many boneheads out in the parking lot showing off there rice and pretending to be drifters.... only a cavalier with a body kit.,... and he was just parked there... with the exception of my friend being an idiot and ripping around the mall parking lot in his girlfirneds explorer darn near rolling it over the after math was pretty calm....

I left my rex at home and rode with this girl in here cavalier.... I didnt want nor need.... the hey you have a big exhaust or hey theres a shift light in that and a nos tank wanna race my moms hyundai with the dollar store black hood??? plus who knows what these morons would rip off of my car.....

Ill save the drifting for some other time or place :)

Chris

·
Registered
298 Posts
Me and my girlfriend just went to go see the movie tonite...and we both thought it was pretty good; not the best, but a good popcorn movie. The plot was decent and wasnt awful and boring like the second movie everyone seems to hate. What really caught me by surprise besides the ending was seeing the REAL "Drift King" making a cameo....sorry for a spoiler! haha...i jus cant contain my excitement.

·
Registered
52 Posts
spoiler below....

the real drift king actually makes a few cameos in the movie, as well as other famous japanese tuners, the gang towards the end in the alley were some. remember the fisherman? his name is Keiichi Tsuchiya, basically he invented the sport of drifting.
I've seen a handleful of Best Motoring videos to recognize these guys.
Anyone check any of these out?
also, i think if vin didn't make an appearance, the movie would have been good being called just tokyo drift
good popcorn movie, i agree, the noise and sounds of the cars make it worth while to see in theatres
noel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.