Honda CRX Forum banner
181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Thinking about it more, the cable operated VSS sends the signal to the cluster, and then it is sent to the ECU, and then sent back to the speedo, correct? Is it possible to put a MPH speedo on a KPH cluster that has an electronic VSS? I swear I knew the answer to this 15 years ago, but forgot it because at the time I didn't need it, and then ended up selling the car. Gonna do some homework, but if I can swap the speedo from KPH to MPH I might be interested in your original one if you decide to sell it.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well I’m at a stopping point right now. I’ve pretty much stripped the car of all wiring, hoses, interior, etc. I removed the gas tank last night and that will be for sale.

Today l removed the rocker panels and I’m finding more and more rust throughout the car. There are also tons of drilled holes throughout the body too. I know I took on a project, but I’m not sure if I have the time, energy, or funds to do a full body restoration that it may need. I’ll continue to remove parts from the car to asses. But, I’m kind of bummed at this point.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Gas

Automotive tire Tread Grey Synthetic rubber Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Tread

Automotive tire Wood Grey Font Material property

Gesture Automotive exterior Tints and shades Auto part Rectangle

Hood Automotive tire Light Wood Bumper

·
Registered
593 Posts
That sucks. Anything in spots that threaten structural spots, or where it's so rotten you can poke through it? Hopefully just a wire brush and some rust kill will take care of most of it.

·
Registered
20,209 Posts
The rockers on these can hide so much are are such a disappointment usually when you peel things back.
Sadly, I'm with you, repairs like this is such a time suck and costs money to do it right.
Are you to the point of parting it and selling it off?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Im talking to a body guy currently and am stripping it more and more. It looks like he has the quarters replaced before and they also did some cob job **** on things. I really don’t want to destroy the car.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts