Honda CRX Forum banner
161 - 180 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
this was the last piece of the AC in the car, so removed it and am currently waiting for the AC delete duct to come in. Should be here Saturday.

Installed the firewall plug that is still available from Honda for like $5.

Removed the exhaust cam sensor since it's OBD1 and not needed. Also changed the valve cover gasket and spark plug grommets. The head looked brand new which was nice.

However, the car is running stupid rich, and I don't know where to start. Maybe the o2 sensor isn't the correct one for the car? It looks different than other obd1 o2 honda sensors.

I did go to Cars and Coffee this past weekend as well. :)

Looking at doing RDX injectors, and trying to figure out how to go about installing them into the obd0 harness that uses an obd1 ecu and jumper harness. Any help on that one? I would like to get this car tuned to see if that helps with idle and running rich.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I'm trying heh. I want to get this ready to hopefully go to Niagara next year. There's so much I want / need to do.

I think I'll be removing the engine, cleaning and POR15'ing the engine bay. I started to take out the cooling system as I have purchased a Skunk2 half rad, but I guess I have to figure out the hose situation as the stock hoses are 1 1/8 vs Skunk2 outlets being 1 1/4.

I'll be doing the wiring tuck and have ordered wiring, wire sheaths, etc.

I want to do new fenders, bumper, EDM 16v headlights, corner lights, and tail lights.

It needs a new engine harness, and I have purchased parts to install RDX injectors.

I need to fix the sunroof situation. I would love to do a sunroof delete and put on a DX roof. But, I think that might be pushing it. But, the sunroof panel is junk, and something is broken with it.

It will need new carpet, and interior pieces. I may remove the roll bar.

I have an HKS exhaust on order. I plan on getting the Innovative traction bar, and want to do the Rywire engine tucked budget harness. I'm also going to be relocating the battery back to the trunk, and finishing the stereo as I added new Alpine 2-ways to the front, and one Rockford woofer in the rear (didn't realize it wasn't a pair).

I can't figure out where these hoses go:

I would like a new one of these that isn't rusty and gross.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
How's she is sitting now. Took out the cooling system, dash, engine harness, routed the driver's side bay harness out the door now. I need the cluster / radio harness and center dash metal bracket if anyone has them for sale.

Need this bracket since it was cut prior to my ownership

Also need this harness (32117-SH2-A12)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Nice progress gator. I'm sure tommy would be happy.

I've used epdm foam rubber seals. Home Depot/Lowes sells rolls of it in various sizes. Brand is frost king. I also wrap the joints in foil duct tape once installed.

I might have that harness and dash bracket. PM me and we can discuss.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
shortA25 said:
Nice progress gator. I'm sure tommy would be happy.

I've used epdm foam rubber seals. Home Depot/Lowes sells rolls of it in various sizes. Brand is frost king. I also wrap the joints in foil duct tape once installed.

I might have that harness and dash bracket. PM me and we can discuss.
Good deal, I'll send a PM shortly.

I took apart all the HVAC to clean it up and remove all the old foam. I need to order a new heater core. Any suggestions from you guys since OEM is long gone and would have been like $400 anyway. I see some on RockAuto for $100.

Also what grease should I use on the levers and actuators?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Thanks. I'll keep some rice, maybe. :p

My ADD is getting to the best of me. I worked on the wire tuck today.

Has anyone seen someone use the frame rail to tuck it in? I'm trying to figure out if this will cause any issues mounting the headlights or corner markers?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Some parts came in. These are Depo Euro 16v headlights and corners. I'm very happy with the look, and feel of them. Very OEM like, and were relatively cheap for what they are. Around $300 shipped.

Also new Hasport mounts came in.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Damn Gator, didn't see you picked this up. Glad it got to someone who could give it time and didn't get to a kid.
Keep up the good progress.

I'm bummed here cause I was hoping I could help you out. I know Tommy and I were texting about what was wrong with his car but I went to search it and I deleted our convo. It was before he passed that I deleted it. I would have never deleted it if it were after. And. I can't recall excactly what problems he was trying to have fixed when it was at the shop. Hopefully you get it ironed out.

·
Registered
632 Posts
crxgator said:
Some parts came in. These are Depo Euro 16v headlights and corners
What ever happened to the headlights tommy had sent out to the shop to get worked on?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Cementups said:
Damn Gator, didn't see you picked this up. Glad it got to someone who could give it time and didn't get to a kid.
Keep up the good progress.

I'm bummed here cause I was hoping I could help you out. I know Tommy and I were texting about what was wrong with his car but I went to search it and I deleted our convo. It was before he passed that I deleted it. I would have never deleted it if it were after. And. I can't recall exactly what problems he was trying to have fixed when it was at the shop. Hopefully you get it ironed out.
Hey, it's all good. It's getting a new fuel system and tune eventually. I'm looking to eventually either supercharge or turbo it because it needs to be faster for my liking. I just have to grab some RDX injectors, a bigger fuel pump, and do the fuel pump relay upgrade.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
1cr_xxx said:
crxgator said:
Some parts came in. These are Depo Euro 16v headlights and corners
What ever happened to the headlights tommy had sent out to the shop to get worked on?
The company sold them. Not sure to who or the price. But, Tommy's sister didn't want to pay for the work since they are of no use to her, and the bill was I think $1500.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Thanks, it's just buying parts right now lol. I really need to pull the drivetrain so I can try and do up the engine bay, and they install other stuff.

UK 16V cluster came in today. Like I did in the past, the easiest way to get it to work is to swap in the speed, and tach into a USDM cluster base. I also updated the odometer so it's more accurate.

161 - 180 of 189 Posts