Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it had been a long time since i last parked my red crx to do the engine swap. Yanked the 1.5 out and started getting things going.... Well between being really low on funds and time this project had taken 10 months to get back on the road.... my goal was the eng of this month as that is when the insp runs out... and i wanted to run it just one more time on last years inspection...

here is the basic low down....

Bought a b18 crx rod knocking off of AAron Glatfelder ( ceeareex90)

got the mounts and stuff out of there that i needed and sold the shell to a guy on here..

got a 90 integra and yanked engine and tranny out of it... tore it all down and cleaned everything up... Honed the block and installed pistons from a 94 del sol si that have a nice huge dome on them as opposed to the b18's dishes.. ( we have built this combo before and it is still going strong)

ported the heck out of the head and intake manifold. and added all that cool rebuild stuff to the engine.... and began putting it all back together..

Bought an aluminum flywheel.. and a new clutch...

got the tranny in it.... and just yesterday it finally hit the road..... primed the engine for a few minuted and then hit the key err err eerrr VROOM .... fired right up first crank ( i love Hondas) and went out for a ride..... . man does this thing rip..... I am really not used to a honda that had any more power than a stock SI so you can imagine my surprize.. torquey beyone belief.... super quick revvin..... man i love it.... has the up and down idle froma bad iacv and there was this nasty problem where it would rev itself up to 4 grand and stay there... found that this morning as i had a vac line hooked up in a wrong spot.... WOO hooo I am soooo Psyched.... cant wait to take this to the strip and hopefully run better than the 15.9 that it might have ran with the old si engine or the 20.0 that the stock HF engine that Honda blessed it with might have chugged out.... I have no idea what it will run.... but I know that I def improved the car.. . .
here are a few bad pics of it....

and also one of the front of the house.. . where you can see hondas everywhere... there all mine except for the silver hatch in my driveway... .

Chris

·
Registered
912 Posts
Nice, good clean engine, i cant wait to do my swap, and that just makes me want it even more. Whats the easiest way to get a hold of one of those engines. Non GSR B18 i meen.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that engine can be yanked from 90 and 91 acura Integra..

running good so far.... no leaks, holds coolant pressure, no water in oil...

Just changed oil last night in it after 50 miles of driving...

in the process of polishing and installing my welfare Ebay strut bars..

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah. The Crx community decal started losing some letters on the white car... so I just scraped it off.... couldnt bare to part with it in entirity so that is the best i could come up with with the remaining letters...

so far so good..

the exhaust is louder than all get out.... which i do not really understand..

the same manifold, downpipe, b pipe back section and fart can were on the black car with a b18 and it had a nice mellow sound ( 2 inch pipe front to rear) put the same setup on this ride and it is just way too loud... My only guess is the added compression ( 12:1) of the engine that may be giving a louder tone....

who knows.. . . . i still love it... and yeah there is still a cat on it... a stock cat at that... i might mount a glass pack mffler somewhere in the exhaust stream to kinda tons things down. . ..

Chris

·
Registered
293 Posts
toxiclows said:
Bought a b18 crx rod knocking off of AAron Glatfelder ( ceeareex90)

got the mounts and stuff out of there that i needed and sold the shell to a guy on here..
lol yea i bought this car.. i actually picked up a 90 teg pulled the swap rebuilt the motor put a new clutch in it and put it in that car.. im now just waiting for the time to paint the car lol

scarponze

looks good toxi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.