Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the middle of rebuilding the rear suspension in both of my second gens, and since I have all the parts in front of me, I decided to do a little measuring and recording to help shed some light on the rear track width differences between different disc setups. I have the hubs out for both my 91 Si and a 95 GS-R, the former will be going on my 91 Si project and the GS-R stuff on my daily 90 HF, I think I have plenty of track in the back of my 91.

So here we go...

First up just the two hubs sitting next to each other, the difference is obvious here. CRX on the left, Integra on the right. It's also interesting to note that the CRX bearing has a smaller inner diameter than the Integra one, and weighs about half a pound less.

Now we measure them. I just started with the CRX hub to get the relative difference, so you can see here I zeroed out my gauge:

Here's the Integra hub relative to the CRX one, almost a quarter inch with my deceptively inaccurate measurement. This matches internet findings based on where the wheel sits relative to the rear quarter panel.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tyson said:
ITR rear hubs are different too.
Right, I know that of course, but I wasn't about to convert half of my car to five lug, even though it would be mad JDM and probably get me laid eight days a week.

ppl who slap on rear discs dont have a clue what else theyre changing.
Exactly, which is why I wanted to document this. I knew there was a difference but I never trust the Honda internet rumours, now I know, and I'm comfortable having the "incorrect" parts on my daily driver.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
downest said:
Right, I know that of course, but I wasn't about to convert half of my car to five lug, even though it would be mad JDM and probably get me laid eight days a week.
LOL I almost pee'd when I read that! :biggrin:

To the Sig!

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know, I just haven't pulled the arms out of my 91 yet. I'm not sure exactly how to measure the trailing arms in terms of where they mount and how they sit, but I can measure the spindle assembly that's bolted to each one.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately I don't have any DA arms to measure, just DC and CRX. I have one side of my 91 Si rear suspension taken down, I could measure the arms themselves now, but I'm not sure exactly how to measure them.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
i havent tried to measure the whole trailing arm, but i would imagine to measure it, put it on a flat table with the spindle side face down. if you need to raise it up to clear the spindle, or just cut a hole for it to fit. but make sure its parallel to the table. then just measure the heights to the 3 ends.

if you had proper inspection equipment it would be cake, but a flat scale and square would do.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
I was wondering if it would be possible to get an adjustable LCA. Maybe F7 could make a run of LCAs where the inner bushing is moved in to negate the difference. Seems that if all the links were adjustable (toe link, camber link and LCA) you could adjust the positive track width out of the equation. The trailing arm bushing already has some adjustment.

Just thinking out loud and wondering if it would work.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bad news indeed, just use the right parts in the first place... if you don't want a difference in track then use the stock parts, don't try to change EVERY OTHER piece and move the TA bushing just to move the wheel back in 1/4".

Tyson, good call, I will measure the arms when I have some time as they are both available (not installed) now.

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I measured the trailing arms to the best of my ability, and I found that the CRX arms sit outboard about 1/4" more than the DC integra arms. My measurements were not the most accurate, basically I clamped the two arms to one of my tables and measured a few points from the table to make sure they were even. The interesting thing is that the mounting tabs for the rear caliper are in the same relative location, the difference is in the face of the spindle where the bearing slides on. I will upload the pics later, but I'm now a little stumped as to why the different arms sit differently in the back.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I have a set of EG2 rear trailing arms with brakes/everything attached to them.

I pulled them off my del sol v yesterday, and I am swapping them with my 88 CRX DX trailing arms.

If anyone would like pictures or comparisons, I can provide them.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I believe the EG2 arms are very similar if not identical to the EG (rear disc) arms AND the DA (rear disc) arms.

I will do a side by side comparison with my 88 DX CRX arms and the 94 Delslo vtak arms and post the pictures here.

Maybe someone could chime in with DA arms for inspection... then we have enough of a comparison for a sticky in the FAQ.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.