Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a pair of oem bushings for a 90 crx si. Is there a good source someone has. Most want to sell hard rubber but mine is just a daily driver and want to keep it pretty much stock except for the trailing arm swap for the disk breaks.

· Registered
176 Posts
I'm trying to find a pair of oem bushings for a 90 crx si. Is there a good source someone has. Most want to sell hard rubber but mine is just a daily driver and want to keep it pretty much stock except for the trailing arm swap for the disk breaks.
eBay always seems to have multiple selections of TA bushings. For a daily driver, not sure your need a genuine Honda TA bushing. I have used aftermarket ones multiple times, work fine.

· Registered
20,448 Posts

· Registered
1,853 Posts
Carefull with Rock Auto.

I received the cheapest piece of [email protected] parts you can get inside the more expensive boxes. And yes I paid for better quality parts. Not the economy [email protected] they sell that is actually worst than Ebay or Amazon.

They would not pay for shipping them back when confronted with the fact. not even as customer satisfaction policy( which I don't think they have)

JMO.
I'm not saying it will happen to you.

I'm just sharing my first hand experience, not something I read/saw online.

I'm sure there are lots of satisfied customers, not me!

Its your choice.

• Sad
Reactions: Baker

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. Not really interested in the hard stuff, I want softer. I don't race or do a lot of high speed cornering so the normal rubber(oem) will do just fine for me. Too I think the harder bushing don't allow the body to sway as it should causing the joints to work and as a result leak. I may be wrong, have been before, thats just my way of thinking.

· Registered
176 Posts
thanks guys. Not really interested in the hard stuff, I want softer. I don't race or do a lot of high speed cornering so the normal rubber(oem) will do just fine for me. Too I think the harder bushing don't allow the body to sway as it should causing the joints to work and as a result leak. I may be wrong, have been before, thats just my way of thinking.
There are quite a few Moog bushings on eBay now. Moog stuff is usually quite good.

· Registered
176 Posts
There are quite a few Moog bushings on eBay now. Moog stuff is usually quite good.
Word of advice with the bushings. Make sure to mark location of mounts of old bushings to keep same geometry. And knock the bushings out from the inside out if possible. Since swapping TA's that should not be a problem. Done about 6 of these over the years, tried different methods, and tools, but spraying old bushings, let soak and punch out from the inside worked best.

· Registered
126 Posts
can be done with a hammer, yes make sure the bushing is installed the way the old one was in (or internet search a picture). bottom goes at the bottom unless your suspension is lowered, and ill vouch for moog as a decent manufacturer. the ones from autozone should have a several year or lifetime warranty, for a daily driver, they are good enough. its thoe brands off ebay where the manufacturer's name isnt even listed that could possibly be a made in china rubber so bad itd mess up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts