Honda CRX Forum banner

Tranny Question!

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  spl_kid 
#1 ·
I'm looking for the code and the transmission with the tallest gears that bolts to a B18A1. I want more top speed out of my engine and not so close gearing. I currently have a S1 tranny. Which is a better tranny for what i'm looking for?

#3 ·
I was hoping you had a close ratio one. .. .I was going to say. . . . most of the ppl here would prob make you a nice trade for it if you did for there ls units. .. .

i think its more the torque of the ls over your stock D that gets it revvin up quicker... thinking that the gears are short. . . .I thought the same thing. . . and then read the gearing.... and was surprized to see that it was pretty tall compared to how it felt. ..

Chris

#9 ·
spl_kid said:
Will the D series trannies work??
You're kidding right? :rolleyes1:

You have a swapped Honda, throwing around engine and transmission codes and have no idea that you can't mix and match between engine series?
As a general and first rule of thumb, d series parts will not work with the b series.

They are very different from one another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.