Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Just roll over to the Honda service/parts center at the local honda dealer. You can pick up two quarts of Honda MTF for a few bucks each. I mean you are only needing 2 quarts. How much more expensive can that be?

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Why wait for the tranny to be old or problematic? Put it in all the time and extend the life or the parts. If you aren't close to a honda dealer then it sounds like the pennzoil (**cringe**) synchromesh stuff gets good reviews on multiple forums.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
jmart said:
Why wait for the tranny to be old or problematic? Put it in all the time and extend the life or the parts. If you aren't close to a honda dealer then it sounds like the pennzoil (cring) synchromesh stuff gets good reviews on multiple forums.
Thats what I used. (synchromesh) Quieted the grind to 3rd on high rev upshift.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i went with the syncromesh, works just great, i used to have a grinding sound in 2nd and its gone, maybe i'll redo it with hondas stuff later when i have more time. (maybe like, a year of 2 later)

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
If a GM or pontiac dealership is closer you can get GM Syncromesh...
Its a bit better then the penz stuff. But thats opinion because after taking apart a few motors that ran penzoil all thier life and seeing all the gunk build up...I just dont trust penzoil.

·
Registered
964 Posts
? A Honda certified tech once told me honda motor oil is Pennziol. :oops:

Oh well, I use Mobil1 and Honda MTF anways...I mean if its just once a year or so that you need to do get tranny oil, find an excuse to go get it.

Lots of folks happily drive 35 minutes every day to get to work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.