Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or have access to this information? im looking for a used transmission for my stock HF and im trying to figure out what my options are. also i think it would be a good thing to have as a sticky in the mod thread.

·
Registered
20,380 Posts
zerocool1014a said:
Does anyone have or have access to this information? im looking for a used transmission for my stock HF and im trying to figure out what my options are.
This information is easily accessible if you just search,
Realistically, any 88-00 D-series transmission will work.
For direct bolt up, you will be looking for any transmission from any US
88-91 Civic or Crx .

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
He will also have to use matching axles and hubs, Right? IE HF axles to HF hubs and Si/DX axles to Si/Dx hubs....

·
Registered
779 Posts
Its me DUB said:
baker423 said:
Realistically, any 88-00 D-series transmission will work.
For direct bolt up, you will be looking for any transmission from any US
88-91 Civic or Crx .
Any D series cable tranny will do. I don't know of any conversion kits for hydraulic D trannies for our rides.
They do have them, they are just not popular. Just get an Si tranny and you will be good. And whoever said the ZC tranny needs DA driveshafts is wrong. SOHC trannies use the stock Si axles, and the DOHC ZC one uses a half shaft and driveshafts from either the car is was pulled from, or the 88-89 Teg ones. DA is B series and those work when you swap in a B series.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Angry said:
He will also have to use matching axles and hubs, Right? IE HF axles to HF hubs and Si/DX axles to Si/Dx hubs....
For this question I beleive the inner hubs, which is what counts when swapping trannies, are the same.

·
Registered
20,380 Posts
Its me DUB said:
Any D series cable tranny will do. I don't know of any conversion kits for hydraulic D trannies for our rides.
I was under the impression they made the cable---->hydraulic conversion kit for our cars..
http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.asp? ... re+Details

zerocool1014a said:
Does anyone have or have access to this information? im looking for a used transmission for my stock HF and im trying to figure out what my options are.
Short answer to this question:
88-91 Civic/Crx transmission.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
ludesrv said:
And whoever said the ZC tranny needs DA driveshafts is wrong. SOHC trannies use the stock Si axles, and the DOHC ZC one uses a half shaft and driveshafts from either the car is was pulled from, or the 88-89 Teg ones. DA is B series and those work when you swap in a B series.
DA axles will work with the ZC midshaft, you just have to remove the dust rings on the hubs (like a B swap).

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thank you all for the information, greatly appriciated.. my only other question on this is if i did get an SI or DX Transmission seeing how different the gearing is what can expect in performance gain/loss and gas mileage gain/loss?

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
baker423 said:
Its me DUB said:
I was under the impression they made the cable---->hydraulic conversion kit for our cars..
http://www.passwordjdm.com/product.asp? ... re+Details
Thanks man. I definitely couldn't find those the other day I looked.

Seb, why do you say they're not popular? Are they ****ty design or something?

zerocool1014a said:
thank you all for the information, greatly appriciated.. my only other question on this is if i did get an SI or DX Transmission seeing how different the gearing is what can expect in performance gain/loss and gas mileage gain/loss?
http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?t=246

You'll get a little better gas mileage with a DX tranny...more performance with the Si.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.