Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In cleaning the windows on my crx I have noticed there is a weird residue on all of my windows (sides, quarters, hatch, less so on windshield)

You can only see it up close (a couple feet away) but it looks just like water spots after water dries but they don't come off.

I have tried distilled vinager (5% acid), and glass cleaner with and without ammonia.

:?: :?: Any ideas on how to get the glass truely clean ?? Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That sounds like acid rain to me. The reason the windshield is less could be due to the friction of the wipers.

Glass can be buffed. Like paint, glass is a liquid that never truly dries. With the proper product it can be "moved" and acid rain and minor scratches can be removed.

You can e-mail me if you would like further details. [email protected]

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
black_krix_si said:
My hatch looks like there are big water spots on it sometime.

http://www.crxcommunity.com/viewtopic.p ... 7&start=15

here is a thread about window tinting. Rows of whitish circles is a distortion of the glass due to a process performed at the factory.

This could be it, and if it is it will save you alot of time trying to clean it up.
Thanks for the info, however, I don't think the windows are tinted with film. Any slight tint in the windows I would guess would be factory, they appear very clear (besides this nasty residue that is on them). Thanks anyway, though. :wink:

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff said:
That sounds like acid rain to me. The reason the windshield is less could be due to the friction of the wipers.

Glass can be buffed. Like paint, glass is a liquid that never truly dries. With the proper product it can be "moved" and acid rain and minor scratches can be removed.

You can e-mail me if you would like further details. [email protected]
email sent. if you can help me get this crap off, I'd be delighted!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Charles said:
I have always had good luck with Invisible Glass.
After some research, it seems I need to polish the glass more than "clean" it. But if I ever get this shizz off the glass, I might pick up a can to try it out.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I have "tiger stripes" on one of my rear quarter windows on my daily driver, and rows of "leopard spots" on the hatch window of my other car. Both of those windows are original glass from Honda, so it must be a fault in the way they tint the glass. I'm guessing that exposure to UV causes the discolouration to be more visible over time as one area fades more than the rest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.