Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i started pulling the interior out of the crx the other day and so far i removed every piece except for two.

The only piece im having a problem with is the one that goes around the very rear hatch glass. i took off the panel covering the brake light on the hatch and i dont see any screws to remove there. there are 4 plastic screws on that piece that i removed but its not popping out of place anywere and i dont to break it. any ideas?

also i need to remove the dash to finish. i could figure it out myself if i wanted to but i dont want to mess up a piece such as the dash so if somone could let me know how to do that without screwing anything up that would be appreciated.

if your wondering why im doing this its because the pieces are warn scratched and faded nasty HF blue color. So im light sanding and spraying them with semi flat black. i tested it out on some of the small pieces and they came out looking very very nice

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Can't help you with the rear, but the dash...

jmart said:
Alright, to get the dash out there are a bunch of bolts you need to remove. First is in the middle at the bottom of the console area its bolts to a bracket in the floor. Then in the middle on top where the dash meets the windshield there is a rectangular plastic cover that you need to pop off. There is a bolt under there. Then on each side you need to open the door and get at the side of the dash up at the front corner of the door where the glass ends. There is a plastic cover held on by one little plastic well nut. Pull that off and there are two bolts under there, on each side. I think that is it. There may be a bolt or two that bolt the dash to the inside of the kick panel area, next to the main relay on the driver's side, and to the right of where the glove box was on the passenger side.

You will need to drop the steering column too to get it out. There are four bolts total. Two up toward the top and two further back on a banded clamp.

Also, make sure to pull the instument cluster out ahead of time and be careful unhooking the wires and the speedo cable. There are two screws in the font corners that aim up so you will have to lay on your back and look up at them. Then there are two [cruddy] little ones hiding under plastic snap off covers up front near the windshield.

Hmmmm, i thnk that is all.
Good luck, let us know how it goes for you.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
most likely plastic tabs on the piece with metal clips that go into the hatch. pull sharply and it should come out, all the while hope that no tabs break.

it seems some parts break on the old plastic, you are lucky if you haven't had anything snap yet.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the dash info.

i havnt snapped any clips on the whole car so far but ihavnt had to be too rough with any of the pieces.

but this piece wont budge at all. its to the point were im scared im gonna snap the actual piece not break a clip

·
Registered
28 Posts
Paul said:
thanks for the dash info.

i havnt snapped any clips on the whole car so far but ihavnt had to be too rough with any of the pieces.

but this piece wont budge at all. its to the point were im scared im gonna snap the actual piece not break a clip
Unfortunately there's not easy way to remove this piece. I had to remove it when I bought my crx because someone put a crappy wing on the hatch. I removed the brake like cover, took out the four screws (mine wouldn't budge at first either) I just kept pulling towards the front of the car though and it finally came off. I didn't break any tabs at all, it was just a pain to get off. GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
952 Posts
The top piece has to come off first. Make sure that the plastic screw holder are out and then i pryed if off. I think i placed a screwdriver on the glass and turned it to get it off. It has to go stright forward to un pop those clips. The bottom piece has to be popped up from the bottom. Screwdriver worked good for this too. Its been a year since i took these pieces off so take this as a guide line and not the rule.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.