Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I wonder if there is a better way to compile and access collective knowledge on troubleshooting topics. I'm new to the CRX community but have been reading through automotive forums since their inception in the nineties.

I know it's bad etiquette to post questions without first conducting a search, but the majority of OP's don't post solutions to their problems. I just wasted an hour reading about code 1 and O2 sensor location, with no answers. Last night, I read up on theories about new clutches that clunk when engaged. I'm sure that somewhere in this forum is the answer that I need but it's so hit and miss.

And so sometimes I wonder if troubleshooting posts without solutions, or posts with misinformation should be deleted, in order to narrow down the search results. Or perhaps posts with actual solutions could be flagged either by the OP or an admin, so that useless posts could be filtered out. This wouldn't apply to all topics but troubleshooting.

When I was into 914's, I remember that Automobile Atlanta had this cool little troubleshooting pamphlet for 914's, not based on shop manuals that were written in the seventies but written in hindsight, based on actual experience. For example, if _ happens, it's your turn-signal switch, or 914 ECM's RARELY go bad. I would pay money for this. Or maybe it exists but I haven't stumbled on it yet.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I just wasted an hour reading about code 1 and O2 sensor location, with no answers.
Your O2 sensor question was answered OCT 25th by MSC.

Last night, I read up on theories about new clutches that clunk when engaged. I'm sure that somewhere in this forum is the answer that I need but it's so hit and miss.
There are multiple reasons why there is a clunk sound coming from the clutch system.
Broken pressure plate, bad release/ throw out bearing....yes there is more

Start a new thread for it if you have not yet.

But then again, it seems to me you want the right answer on the first reply!

Thats the way your post is coming across.
Just saying.

Reactions: Baker

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Were you on any of the 914 boards? What was your handle there?

--DD

·
Registered
302 Posts
I think the idea you are looking for is a wiki. Wiki's exist on some forums but they require a collective effort and someone to take the lead. We are all busy with our lives and its hard to devote the time to creating a wiki like this. I do think it would be much more valuable to have than a forum as it would compile the known information.

Not the same chassis, but zhome.com is a great version of this for the s30 240z Datsun chassis.

Who has the time to step up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts