Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont suppose anyone here is a truck driver with a car transporter by any chance? or know anyone who is. i need to transport about 8 top show cars from mid-atlantic/ VA area to Los Angeles in August with someone i can trust and can work with our schedules without killing us on price.

·
Registered
210 Posts
With that many cars, you should be able to get a price...
I have to get fuel almost everyday at a truckstop in Jersey, I'll approuch any car haulers I see and ask for contact info for ya.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
My brother is a transporter. He has a new 8 car trailer.

I don't think he would do it though. He makes good money staying local within 3 hours. He hauls cars to the auction and back.

I will ask him.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i know most places charge around $750-1000 one way for one vehicle, but they want to pick up within a window of 5 days or so..and then they dont know how long itll take to get it across country..any where from 6-12plus days. and we need then there for the opening of a show and need to know when to be there to supervise the load/unload because these are rather expensive cars that should be carefully loaded and unloaded.

what i really need is a firm price from a private hauler so i can work out how much we have to come out of pocket for and how much we can pawn off on sponsors.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
We shipped my fiancees's car from Cali to NY... didn't cost too much, but they only had open trailors. They go door to door too. I can try to find out more info if you need.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
these are the 8 cars i want to transport, we do drive them to most shows and we're good to about 500-700miles, but they dont have the room for much luggage, its just a bit too far in racing seats, and the guys cant take that much time off work, not too mention if something goes wrong with one of the cars..it'd be a real hassle in the middle of nowhere to find parts wed need.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol..at shows trailer queens tremble in fear at our approach, we're one of the few teams who drive and can almost always win. Best Team Overall in SEMA IAS, Carlisle, HIN DC, HIN Charlotte, we probably wouldve won Boston HIN but we had turbo problems with one car and finals kept another 2 guys out. thats just the last few weeks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.