Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often do you tune your CRX up?

My trip to south Florida and back only got me an average of 35 mpg. The last all highway trip was N10 and I averaged 41.

Believe it or not, I haven't tuned it up yet and I've had this CRX for almost 2 1/2 years and 10,000 miles :oops: . It still runs great but I guess im overdue.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have never done a tune up on my hatch or crx- ever.
Tune up to me is like lets check the tires for the right air pressure, make sure oil level and water level are right. Top off washer fluid, check brake fluid level. Make sure spark plug wires are pushed on all the way. Check timing belt tension, and look at alternator belt. Wash out k&n filter and oil it. Replace engine later with something jdm. lol

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, air filter, oil change and filter, check air pressure, check and top off all fluids. . .

thats about what I consider a full tune up \ \ \

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The crappy mileage might be because I put the stock piece back in for the air intake. I had it off before because I never drove it in the rain before I moved down to NC.

Now with gas at almost 3 bucks a gallon, its my daily driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.