Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so now that i have my car up and working, i was wondering if someone would lend advice on tuning. Right now, i have my cam and dizzy set at stock. Is there any way i may be able to tweak it to make a few extra hp? I have an adjustable cam BTW.

One other thing. Would sawping out my a6 intake manifold for a z6 help any?

·
Registered
778 Posts
I think the Z6 mani is slightly better if you can get one for free but it is probably not worth paying money for if you want to upgrade. From what I have read the Skunk2 mani is about the best you can get. They usually mimic the best OEM manifolds like the Type-Rs.

I'm not 100% sure about the timing of the cam gear and dizzy. I've heard running the cam gear a degree or so retarded helps but I haven't done it myself yet to be able to tell. I'd stick to stock for now.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I've herd the same thing about Skunk2. Maybe I'll save up for one. Then again, I may go JRSC in the future, so maybe not.

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
The Y8 or Z6 manifolds are a nice cheap improvement. The best part I think is that they clean up a lot of vac lines and also they can accept the larger B-series throttle bodies.

Oh yeah, and a bling OEM fuel rail!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.