Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
you can turbo anything. .. . there were lots of turbo carbed cars built . . . .my question is though . . .what is this guy looking for though a turbo. . .. or a carb or a turbo kit for a carbed crx ? ? ? / need more info there man and well try to help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
90crxhf_w/ZC said:
if i am getting you right i dont think you can turbo a carburated motor!!!!!!!!! atleast i dont think you can...... correct me if i am wrong
haha anything can be done. But yes actually you can you need a turbo carb then the rest is just modification to your headers and piping. A turbo carb has a blow thru on it acts similair to a bov. Built one for my mustang and was goign to experiment with my crx. If I can't find one I will have to try using a radiator cap as my bov and come up with something like that. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
toxiclows said:
you can turbo anything. .. . there were lots of turbo carbed cars built . . . .my question is though . . .what is this guy looking for though a turbo. . .. or a carb or a turbo kit for a carbed crx ? ? ? / need more info there man and well try to help
a turbo carb is what it is called, although might do a turbo kit if not to expensive. I have two turbo's alrady and have built homemade kit for about 800. Any ides on turbo carb or a kit??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
85rex said:
ok senor............the question is why would you carb a fi motor? the 87 si came feul injected.........so you want to convert it to carb and then turbo?not really following you on this one.
haha good point when I bought the car the guy told me it was an si, had si emblems and whatever. Not until the other day when I was doing research on them did I see it wasn't really a SI. It was when I started to look at the trubo stuff that I found this. But I have found my way passed the turbo carb, to still putting a turbo pushin 7psi on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.