Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Almost all ebay turbos are crap. There not worth it. What motor do you have in the car right now?

Also, if you havnt done an engine swap yet, your best bet for power improvement is going to be one.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
hmmm it says that it comes with the b16 b18 manifold yet claims to fit cars with a D .. . . . . hmmmm.... Interesting...

Anyway. . . IS your car still stock.. . does the HF engine still reside under the hood with the Hf tranny?? if so an engine / tranny swap is going to be your best bet. ..

But to answer your question. . . . Most of those low buck turbo kits are just that......... low buck. . . . . it may seem cheap now. . . . but that stuff breaks allot.. .. there are several posts out on the net about those manifolds cracking or just melting.. .... save your cash .. .

Chris

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
I also must add that all of those kits are NOT COMPLETE.
Yes one has the downpipe,but what about the engine management?
Oh and one kit uses a manual vacuum boost controller? :shock: EWW..

I have heard good and bad from ebay turbo kits,but you need to be an informed buyer.
I can piece and part together a good kit,but BE CAREFUL in what exactly you buy and from where its being shipped.
I have heard more than one horror story of payment then no parts shipped. :shock:
Have you looked at/read anything from turbo dedicated websites?
I know that some here scoff at HMT.com ,but I have read some pretty informative stuff from that site over the years.

You can pick up a turbo kit from ebay,but just be cautious at what you buy.If it sounds too cheap to be true it usually is!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
You should check out tunertoys.com kits, a bit more, but better by far. The only thing you will be lacking is engine managment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.