Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eeeewwww..... get y'alls minds out of the gutter... geeeeez.. :lol:

So its been no secret that our friend Jonny_Black has been tired of his Place Racing mounts for some time now.

Well, today that problem was FINALLY fixed. Also, for anyone using Place mounts, or mounts designed similar to them, we have a couple of broken mounts laying around that are a nice indication to us that its a good thing Place is out of business...... but anyhoo... on to pics... cause we ALLL love pics... 8)

Now, first of all, here is a pic of Tweak up on the lift with its nose off. The more room we had to move the motor, the better:

While it was up on the lift, we went ahead and started making clearancing and plans for a possible trick up Tweaks sleeve... yea, it required a bit of cutting and grinding to the front of Tweak.. but that makes for the BEST pics :)

Here is Jonny holding a piece of the puzzle.... neat hint, eh? ;)

Anyhoo, on to why we were here.. heh. Here is the motor installed with the brand almost-spankin new mounts...

And of course since we have this fancy-schmancy CNC machine here, we decided it would be better to re-mark these appropriately :)

One other thing had to be done... since Jonny is using the GSR throttle body, and cable, he noticed after closing the hood wit the new mounts, it was hitting the hood quite a bit more than it did with the Place mounts.... no biggie seZ me.... I'll just modify it to fit! It fit great. I just pizza-cut the bracket, bent it down so it was still in-line and at a good angle with the throttle cam, and ta-da! It worked! :twisted:

Well, thats it for tonight... Here is Tweak before leaving... i love the projectors on this car... they just look 'right' for some reason.. hehe.

And of course, Tweak leaving the shop for the night:

And thus concludes a pictoral of this evenings fun :)

And yes, i know its Valentines Day, and no, i don't have anything better to do than to sit on the computer tonight...... so.... yea.... anyone knows any fairly cute single women with nice attitudes, that totally dig CRX's, please send at least one my way... Hahahahhaa!!! :lol: Just kiddin...

·
Registered
257 Posts
jeez, no wonder I dont like pics taking of me. You see me with the intercooler there.... :shock: wow. that last pic is really cool though. lol. Yes tweak is getting some updates very soon. She is due for some TLC.

The sleeper must awaken.

Jonny

·
Registered
731 Posts
Wait up Jonny, so in that pic, are you tweaked or is it that your car is named tweak?

·
Registered
257 Posts

Does that answer your question?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
hehe ya just gotta love the "tweak"..
Good work john....oh and hows the boost treating ya jonny?

·
Registered
257 Posts
It never ceases to put a smile on my face. :D

·
Registered
859 Posts
tweak huh? doies that have anything to do with the weay she acts?

i call man gertrude cuz shes an evil b*tch

·
Registered
257 Posts
tweak Audio pronunciation of "tweak" ( P ) (twk)
tr.v. tweaked, tweak·ing, tweaks

1. To pinch, pluck, or twist sharply.
2. To adjust; fine-tune.
3. To make fun of; tease.

Its a never ending process. I think john and I named her that about 3 years ago..and it just stuck.

·
Registered
859 Posts
ComposiMo said:
Nah, Jon is lying.... he just keeps feeding it way too much coffee... :lol:

:twisted:
phase 1 steal underpants
phase 2....................
phase 3 Profit

·
Registered
257 Posts
hey bas...um 3 years ago called...they say long time no see. :p

hahah

ya I think I found out that about 5 years ago when I did my swap. But folks really rubbed it in (ollie) at N9 lol.

oh and about the intercooler...we have come up with a better..and much more ingenois idea. It involves cold air in more than one way...lol

just wait..its gonna be good.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jonny_Black said:
ya I think I found out that about 5 years ago when I did my swap. But folks really rubbed it in (ollie) at N9 lol.
Ya know, a good sharpie marker could hide a lot of that... hehe.

Jonny_Black said:
oh and about the intercooler...we have come up with a better..and much more ingenois idea. It involves cold air in more than one way...lol
We did?

[edit]oh yeeeaaaaaaaa! now i remember... :lol: yea, that'll be kewl!

·
Registered
257 Posts
haha john...cant fault ya that..it was the weekend and both of us were still asleep haha

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea... damn having to wake up... this weekend will be different!

Oh, wait.... i still have to wake up early both days... ::sigh::... ah well, maybe NEXT weekend will be different.... prolly not, but theres always hope 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts