Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
baker_jeff said:
I have one, but I don't know where it came from. Where is the vin supposed to be on an EF8? My insurance company wants a picture of it LOL, and I don't have one.
Assuming there isn't a dash plate, check inside the engine bay on the firewall...the VIN might be stamped into the firewall...

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
hmmm a hot JDM CRX who ever heard of a thing......??/

Seriously though.... If you are talking about your yellow jdem crx there should be a blue dash plaque starting out with ef8-xxxxxxxx.... etc...

U
dsm models have it under the hood on the fire wall but i have seen pics of JDM cars with a plaque on the core support as well... .. .there should be something somewhere.. .

Chris

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
A JDM car should have an anodized blue plate that might be rivetted either on the firewall inside the engine bay, or on the metal above one of the headlights. It's not a USDM 17 digit VIN though. You should have a 17 digit VIN that the Alberta gov't assigned to your car when you registered it. If it's not on your car, I believe you may be required to get the gov't to rivet it onto the car for you. That's the way it is here in BC.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
baker_jeff said:
Yup, It is definately not there. My car is registerd as "EF8100xxxxx" though.
Is there evidence that it used to be there? Rivet holes? What about the firewall? It's usually stamped somewhere on there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.