Honda CRX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home last night, and less than 2 miles from my driveway, an adult doe decides it has to sprint across the road right as im passing, giving me about 2 seconds to react. All I really had time to do was slam on the brakes, there was an oncoming car in the other lane, so swerving to my left wasnt an option. Collision was unavoidable, but I hadnt even made it to 40 mph, so I guess it couldve been worse.
The %^#*ing animal only got hit in the hindquarters/abdomen/hip area right at my hood/passenger side headlight, nicked its leg on my windshield while going end over end, and landed on the pavement on the same side of the hip that injured my car. It didnt get up, but suprisingly there wasnt any blood on my car or any leaky wounds on the deer. There damn well better be some broken bones on it, it should of after I went "office space" on it.
So...now my hood is serously FUBAR, my primary latch doesnt respond, the secondary latch works but it has no tension so the hood kind of flaps around without the aid of a bungee cord, my passenger side headlight is sunk inward about 1/4 of an inch, and my windshield has one singular crack spanning a third of the way across the windshield. But I guess it couldve been a lot worse.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Ouch... that really sucks man. Will insurance cover it? I hope you can fix your car... Was the deer killed? I know you're mad at the deer right now, but it really isn't it's fault for us (humans) encroaching on it's habitat. I feel just as sorry for the deer as I do for your misfortune.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Was the deer killed? I know you're mad at the deer right now, but it really isn't it's fault for us (humans) encroaching on it's habitat. I feel just as sorry for the deer as I do for your misfortune.
same here... dont get me wrong.... I will be out in the woods the first day of buck season.... but really the poor thing was just running around.... they do not know that cars can kill or hurt them..

the best thing you can do in this case is to call the police or the game comission and tell them that there is a wounded deer and let them come and put it out of its misery.....

That is why we have hunting seasons. .. .to control the deer population but just to have an animal suffer I feel is wrong. . .

It really does suck about your poor car though.... hopefully your insurance company will take good care of you and make everything right agian,. ,

Chris

·
Registered
230 Posts
I agree with toxic about the deer. And Ill also be out there first day of the season, looking for that trophy buck. But to have one suffer is bad IMO. I also feel for your car too. Atleast it wasnt an SUV or truck? Or even a car?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MarkWilliamson said:
red89si said:
There damn well better be some broken bones on it, it should of after I went "office space" on it.
Let me get this straight:

You got out and physically beat on the wounded deer that you hit with the front of your car?
:evil:

red89si said:
But I guess it couldve been a lot worse.
Yeah, it could have been a lot worse.
I could have caught you doing that.
Pretty sure that thing wasnt wounded :wink: , the cop who responded to my call told me it was dead, he even told me it was the eighth deer-auto accident hes responded to this week. He was kind of glad he didnt have to put a bullet in this one, just make a call in to a rendering service. Whether or not it died on the landing Im unsure, but I guess its possible its head might have hit the pavement before landing on the road, probably broke its neck :? I do kind of remember it spazing on the ground.

I want to make it VERY CLEAR to a few people here that I dont practice abusing animals. Any actions I took in the above situation were partly due to my anger with what had happened AND that it might be suffering, and I had no means of putting it out of its misery more efficiently with me or nearby.

As for my rex, now might be as good as any to get the paint and body done, it needs a fresh coat of R63, Im fully insured, but whether or not the damage meets the deductable is the dilemma, if need be Ill probably take out a personal loan, use the car as collateral, and get it done the way I like it.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
That really sucks man. Good luck with the recovery

Lol Its pretty weird you got mad at the deer. Id be more of shock than anything. My anger usually doesnt kick in till a couple of hours later :lol: .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone here seen Tommy Boy? The part where they hit the deer and put it in the backseat? Well, that is why I wouldn't get anywhere near that deer, and definately not put my hands on it. You can say what you want, but I don't want that thing waking back up and beating the hell out of me... :lol:

Dan

·
Registered
230 Posts
LOL I have Tommy Boy and its the funniest movie Ive ever seen.
'I think I have a bowl of chocolate pudding in my underpants.'
'There wasnt any pudding in there...'
:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
looo laaa looo laaa looo luuuuke.....I amm your fattther. :lol:
sorry...back on topic...

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wasuri said:
That really sucks man. Good luck with the recovery

Lol Its pretty weird you got mad at the deer. Id be more of shock than anything. My anger usually doesnt kick in till a couple of hours later :lol: .
My anger didnt kick in until after I noticed the massive crater in my hood, and I heard something kind of rustling in the brush behind my car. I saw one of its front hooves kind of kicking spasmaticly, and I just kicked it enough to make it stop and to alleviate my frustration.

And to make matters worse, Im heading home tonight on a different road and see about 10 more just standing there on the highway, like they owned it. They just stood there long enough to make me stop and lay on my horn.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Devin said:
LOL I have Tommy Boy and its the funniest movie Ive ever seen.
'I think I have a bowl of chocolate pudding in my underpants.'
'There wasnt any pudding in there...'
:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:
That movie is not Tommy Boy. That movie you quoted is Black Sheep. Yet I can see how you confused the two.

I saw one of its front hooves kind of kicking spasmaticly, and I just kicked it enough to make it stop and to alleviate my frustration.
Lol It sounds funny but im sure the doe didn't appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya know if it was alive when it was spazing, I would agree. But I really doubt it felt much after hitting the ground the way it appeared to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.