Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought Bi16A obd2 for $200. The head is fully built except for cams and it has been port and polished. The motor came with DC 4 to 1 headers and an edelbrock intake. No tranny. i wanted to convert the motor to obd0 and throw it in my CRX but after adding up everything i need to make this swap possible im coming out at $2500. My question is instead of bying part by part should i buy an obd0 motor from hmotorsonline and use evrything from that motor to build the one i originally bought?

·
Registered
82 Posts
personally i think your going to spend that much either way you go. IMO if your on a budget stick with d series. the motor is cheaper, shouldn't have to do much wiring and you can use stock mounts and shift linkage. also replacement parts (water pump, t-belt, clutch) are cheaper.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my budget is $2500 and im not going D series because i already bought this B16. Im doing all the work myself. im shooting to make minimum 205 Hp. since im putting CTR pistons and my head is semi built plus i hvae headers and intake. I have another ? does the starter, flywheel, and pressure plate from a hydrualic tranny work with a cable one?

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
Woah....wait.
If you cant swap a b16a motor that you already bought and still have a budget of $2500 somethings wrong.
For that price thats very do-able.
B series trans can be had for anywhere from $400+ and mounts are like $399 from Hasport.
I know all this stuff adds up,but thats a very fair budget for what this guy wants to do.
Start budgeting all your components and see what you come up with.
Just as a help I know these guys stock transmissions.
Trans link
GL on your swap sir..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.