Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway (graphic designer)almost 2 weeks now, thought I might post a bit of an update. It's pretty awesome (to use some 80's slang from the other thread) :) I got handed a lot of big jobs right off the bat (without getting into a lot of specifics, for obvious reasons)...posters, trading cards, the official programs, etc.

I get a lot of perks/benefits, the usual discounts and insurance and all that stuff. But the coolest stuff is race-fan heaven. IndyCar / Pro Series race credentials for the whole season...the same full-season credentials the drivers and crew get. These things get you anywhere at any race in the season. I'll get to travel to a few races this year, too. I'll get free tickets to every event at the Speedway (IndyCar, NASCAR, and Formula 1)...but with pit passes, who wants a seat in the bleachers?

In any case, the job is great -- even if it wasn't racing-related and wasn't at a super-speedway, it would be a really cool place to work and a great bunch of people to work with. All that stuff is just icing on the cake...there are a lot of long hours and all, but it's worthwhile to me.

Just wanted to update, for those of you who care ;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Congrats man! Sounds like you got yourself a gem of a job. Ohhh F1 tickets! GIMME!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you guys end up going to the Grand Prix, let me know -- I'll see what I can do...F1 stuff might be easier to get than IndyCar and NASCAR stuff.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Sweet!

Lots of people are getting neat jobs these days it seems 8)

I recently got a nice offer that i'm probably going to take them up on :shock: but i'm stll keeping th shop open... gotta keep repping the Rex's man!

And like everyone else:

By the way, you ARE going to hook a brother up with some pit passes for the F1 race, riiiiiiiiiiiight???

I'll put you on my top 8 on My Space if ya do :p yea yea, i know, that prolly won't help either.. haha! :lol: Can't blame me for trying though :p

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ComposiMo said:
I'll put you on my top 8 on My Space if ya do :p
Crappiest offer ever ;) I'll try to get as many passes as I can to hook up CRX people...time will tell. John, if you come all the way from Florida I will have to hook you up with something. In the past they have opened the F1 garage area to ticketholders on Thursday...something pretty unprecedented in F1. Hopefully I can get some hot pit passes for race day. In any case, it sounds like a good time for a mini CRX-meet!

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
Might have to make an early Turkey Day trip out there... my fiance's great aunt lives literally within walking distance from the track... walk into her backyard... you'll see the grandstands from turn 3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts