Honda CRX Forum banner

Updated wallpapers!

9K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  ollie 
#1 ·
Again, thanks to Opticon for his awesome work on these wallpapers.

Some of the major Improvements:
- more detail to the tail lights
- new wheels
- sharpened the contour resolution
- overlayed more dynamic shadows
- and of course added the CRX Community logo to the quarter window as well as the Background.

You can download them from the gallery HERE

#5 ·
Glad you guys like 'em

I can't take all the credit though. Like I said in the old thread, I actually used AngryYoda's wallpaper as a base layer. I originaly just wanted to tweak the resolution and taillights, but it turned into a full revert to stock form and the image just turned into something else.

Here's the original:

#11 ·
If you want some specific angles of the SE to work from, I can take the pics for you. It looks good, and I love how you added the SPECIAL EDITION decals on the sides....but the spoiler looks a little too tall. Let me know if you need some pics.

#12 ·
stickershop said:
If you want some specific angles of the SE to work from, I can take the pics for you. It looks good, and I love how you added the SPECIAL EDITION decals on the sides....but the spoiler looks a little too tall. Let me know if you need some pics.
Yeah the spoiler is kinda generic looking now that you mention it. I have some good reference photos and I will fix it when I get some free time.

#17 ·
Does this help?

#19 ·
not to truly be a biter (since I was interested in those rims 'fore you bought 'em)

BUT, MAN DO I LOVE YOUR RIMS. aww, hell, DUDE, I LOVE YOUR CAR.

Ollie's Y-49 is what my DX aspires to look like when it's out of rehab.

BTW - you ever thought of taking the extra red lug rings that come with the rims and havin 'em powder coated yellow? That would look sweet!

#20 ·
lol funny you should say that tony.
That was my next idea.I'm getting tired of those blue rings anyway.

Actually I'm growing tired of these wheels.Wanna buy em?
I'm really looking for some mugen r&r copies.
Thanks BTW buddy for the props.

#21 ·
ollie said:
lol funny you should say that tony.
That was my next idea.I'm getting tired of those blue rings anyway.

Actually I'm growing tired of these wheels.Wanna buy em?
I'm really looking for some mugen r&r copies.
Thanks BTW buddy for the props.
Powder coat the red rings, then when you get your new wheels, I'll buy those from you (but I need the blue rings, get it...)

#22 ·
Gotcha! :wink:
I still say you should just buy my wheels.... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.