Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
Errr...what year? If its an 88, I'd to the rear disk upgrade, so you can have 89-91 style LCA's....Then do a suspension upgrade.

Thats just me though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,746 Posts
Suspension, rear discs are more of a cosmetic upgrade (and easier to work on). You'll notice the suspension... but for that price you'll probably only be getting springs, if you buy new at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
downest said:
Suspension, rear discs are more of a cosmetic upgrade (and easier to work on). You'll notice the suspension... but for that price you'll probably only be getting springs, if you buy new at least.
Well I can get the disc upgrade for 175 shipped. But I was planning on getting a half way decent suspension setup. So I would have to save up to 450 or 500 I think. Good pads in the drums will do me fine wont they? Maybe after I do my engine swap I might look into the disc swap just for that extra stopping power.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,255 Posts
If your willing to work on drums, by all means go for the suspension upgrade. You have an 89 DX, so thats fine. Alot of people just dont like fiddling with drums, like me lol, I hate them.

If you get new springs, I'd also suggest getting new struts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Angry said:
If your willing to work on drums, by all means go for the suspension upgrade. You have an 89 DX, so thats fine. Alot of people just dont like fiddling with drums, like me lol, I hate them.

If you get new springs, I'd also suggest getting new struts.
I think I'm going to start with the brakes. Eventually I'm going to swap, so might as well do it know when I have a good line on the parts. If they are as much of a pain as my truck drums then it will be a good swap!
THanks for the help!
BP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Save up and get both! 100% of the time I'm at the gym with my buds working out and they always wanna do one or the other and knowing me, I'll make them suffer and do both. LIke I tell them, get both! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,040 Posts
You'll want to do the brakes at some point anyway, and its what you have money for right now.
I'd spring for the brakes. Its a good project, and it'll familiarize you with the ins and outs of your rear suspension.
If you're goign to have this crx for a long time, then there'll be ample opportunity to do the suspension after a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jmart said:
You'll want to do the brakes at some point anyway, and its what you have money for right now.
I'd spring for the brakes. Its a good project, and it'll familiarize you with the ins and outs of your rear suspension.
If you're goign to have this crx for a long time, then there'll be ample opportunity to do the suspension after a while.
My thoughts exactly! I have the money for the brakes now, I'll save more (tax return) and get the suspension I want/need. The crx is going to be with us for some time so I have ample time to save up. Plus, like you said, this will familiarize me with the rear end. :lol: I'll post pics as it goes.
BP
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top