Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
9,754 Posts
Dren said a lot for me. I know you can't run Azenis, but the best thing you can do is tires. Do you have another set of wheels? Seriously, get another set and run some Azenis or BFG G-Force rubber. I'm not familiar with SM2 (though I may now be in it!), but do they let you run slicks? If you go to or are near a universirty that has a FSAE team, as for their pulloffs, that's what I do. 13x7" slicks can fit over Si brakes.

· Registered
9,754 Posts
Upgrading springs before shocks will probably destroy the stock shocks... do them at the same time or do the shocks first. Seriously though, the best thing you can do for your car is get better tires.

· Registered
9,754 Posts
Falken Ziex are good street tires, my stepdad and a few of my friends use them. One of my friends ran them in the last autocross, he's had them for maybe a month, and they are dead now. I don't know exactly why, but they seemed to lose a LOT (4/32) of tread, and the sidewall/tread meeting was completely scuffed up and destroyed. Really if you want to improve handling that much, expecially to be AutoX competitive, you NEED summer tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.