Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone practically gave me a rev hard cast iron b16 turbo t3 exhaust manifold. It looks perfect. He had it on a b18 that he is going radical with.

It looks fine, went over it with a ruler to see if any warp and none. Do I need to have it "decked" to ensure it is flat since it is used?

Also can these be coated in any way to not look so ugly?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Yea, you can jet-hot coat it... there is a shop here locally that does it, i'm sure there is one within a reasonable distance of you that can do the ceramic coating.

As for the warpage, if it straight-edges out fine, it should be ok, but if you need to, or want to , find someone with a large belt sander, and have them refinish the flanges to make them flat again. Most machine shops have HUGE belt sanders made for this, but a small manifold doesn't need much more than one large enough to fit the full flange flat on (don't use one smaller than the largest flange you're wanting to surface) ;)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
baker_jeff said:
As long as its not TOO warped, bolting it to the head with a new gasket should be fine.

Best thing to do is powder coat it black or silver, or bright pink, if you prefer! :lol:
Pink is actually what I was looking for. How did you know.
Actually will powder coat hold up under the heat?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Richrowa said:
baker_jeff said:
As long as its not TOO warped, bolting it to the head with a new gasket should be fine.

Best thing to do is powder coat it black or silver, or bright pink, if you prefer! :lol:
Pink is actually what I was looking for. How did you know.
Actually will powder coat hold up under the heat?
Sorry John is right, I was thinking ceramic coating. :!:

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
'round these parts, it costs about $140 to have a 4-6 cylinder in-line manifold done... Sounds like they are quoting you for a set of V8 headerS... which over here, cost $220 to have done. Maybe just remind them that it is ONE small 4-cylinder manifold 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.