Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,037 Posts
haha, its funny to see how kids these days have no idea how motorcycle carburetors work! :lol: just kidding.

Those slides are on all motorcycle carbs. They are either CV type or non-cv type. Non CV type uses a flat slide that lifts manually as you controll the throttle. CV carbs use a pressure differential to raise the slides a certain distance, which corresponds to the demand of the engine for air, and fuel as well. Under the slide cap, the slide has a sort of a hat section. See if the following diagram makes sense:

__ __ hat portion
...| |
...| | slide
....|
....| fuel metering needle

The underside which sees airbox pressure (ambient) (this is the one you've likely been blowing into) and the top of which sees vacuum. This when you open the butterflys, the flow of air increases in velocity, creating a stronger vacuum by using the venturi effect. So the top of the "hat" sees vacuum compared to ambient pressure of the airbox. This draws the slid up and also draws up the secondary fuel metering needle, delivering more fuel into the mix. So, although i haven't looked at a set of carbs in a while, That tube would likely go into the airbox.

· Registered
2,037 Posts
Mmmmm, i haven't really studied, or sat down and thought about the fluid dynamics, but i think there may be reason of having them plumberd into an airbow of a given volume based on the flow requirements of the engine. Hmmmmm, good question though.

· Registered
2,037 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'm out of my element! :shock:

Forget everything that I posted.

Wait, what year of R6 is it that they came off of?
Because If it was before 2003 then they would be carbs....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.