Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i finally got off my ass and ordered some intake valves for my si motor so i can get it in,

now my ? is how hard is it to install valves, anyone have a write up or some pointers you can give me

second ? if i put my hf trans/clutch/flywheel on the si motor for now will i have any problems other than the obvisous "you won't be as quick" statement?

and last will the hf header bolt up to the exhuast manifold without problem?

thanks in advance for all your help

·
Registered
731 Posts
shadowcrx said:
now my ? is how hard is it to install valves, anyone have a write up or some pointers you can give me
It's harder than doing a head gasket.

I do not remember how I did it but at one time I was able to install a couple valves by myself without a spring compressor. Unless you have a wild imagination I'd just rent a spring compressor. Make sure they're not them big honkin' ones designed around V8s.

Pointer on a valve install: put them dang keepers in a magnetic tray. Make sure they're free of any grit they could've picked up before reinstalling.

Yes, the hf manifold will bolt up to the si engine, the bolt pattern is the same.

No, there shouldn't be any problems using your hf drivetrain with your si powertrain.

·
Premium Member
4,512 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.