Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a obd0 b16a and today i took my car over 6500 rpms and i didnt feel or hear a big defferencce when vtec was supposed to kick in. i am wondering if there are otherways to test vtec or is it because the motor was cold. ive read that the motor needs to be at operating temp for vtec to crack. if anyone can help that would be alot of help thanks

·
Registered
779 Posts
mauiboi808 said:
i have a obd0 b16a and today i took my car over 6500 rpms and i didnt feel or hear a big defferencce when vtec was supposed to kick in. i am wondering if there are otherways to test vtec or is it because the motor was cold. ive read that the motor needs to be at operating temp for vtec to crack. if anyone can help that would be alot of help thanks
VTEC doesn't crack, ever. So don't use that term.

Yes, for vtec to work it needs, proper heat, 12v, oil pressure and vss signal.

In other words, your engine needs to have NO CEL lights, and in good running order with the oil topped up and the engine nice and warm. Self preservation...

Did you wire it aswell? You can't just bolt a B16 in an expect it to hit vtec, it needs to be wired up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.