Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops :oops: maybe this should go in the lounge :roll:

·
Registered
416 Posts
"We are nihilist we believe in nothing."

Cool commercials...don't think they are showing them in the U.S. though. We have the "fast" commercials.

I went and checked out the GTI the other day. Noticed it had an amendment sheet which usually lists dealer installed accesories. It listed full tank of Gas, full detail and inspection. Which is what you get when you purchase anyother new car. Then I noticed at the very bottom it said, "Adjusted Market Value $2500.00. So I guess there is a big enough demand that they are marking them up at the dealerships. Don't know if it is worth $28,500.

*Just noticed these are replacing the "fast" commercials...

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Ive seen the german engineer guy in a couple of movies before, wasnt he the cosmonaut in armegeddon, and satan in constantine?? :?

·
Registered
859 Posts
red89si said:
I think Ive seen the german engineer guy in a couple of movies before, wasnt he the cosmonaut in armegeddon, and satan in constantine?? :?
kinda looks like him, but don't most germans look alike :?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
The guy is Peter Stormare, actor that was in The Big Lebowski, Fargo, and a bunch of other shizz. That commercial is funny, but I'd still never drive a vw.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Funny commercial... especially when they use the trebuchet on the guy's car that "looks like it can fly" LOL Too bad it's for a VW. I hate that evil company.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Normally Id agree, most VWs are grossly overwieght and accordingly underpowered. But after driving an R32 it seems there might be hope for them yet. Thats a VW Id even consider owning...

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
those were hilarious, but I still wouldn't drive the new golf or gti. I don't understand the painted "grill" on the front of the new VW's and Audi's

·
Registered
247 Posts
i used to drive VW and mine was a slow pig, but it was a Naturally Aspirated diesel. it would only go fast downhill.

my friend has a 1.8 Turbo GTI, and my other friend has a VR6 Corrado, (both are stock) and ANOTHER friend has a 2.0L 16V scirocco with custom front subframe, lightened crankshaft, flywheel, aftermarket almost everything and that car HAULS. all very fun to drive, but they break down a lot, and are expensive for parts. Good cars when they work, but getting them to work well all the time takes a bit of effort.

most VWs are grossly overwieght and accordingly underpowered
i dont agree with that at all, though. go out and drive a sporty VW. you must have been in a passat or something :p

im not about to get into a fight with you about which is better, honda or VW. Ill take honda hands down. my rex has 350'000 Kms on the counter and still pulls damn hard. If i liked VWs better, id still be driving one.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
$28,500? Ummm, no thanks. For that price, I'll take a 93 NSX with low miles and perfect condition. Yeahhhh. Funny commercials though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
whats with the VW'd bashing, don't you like them? They are the car to have over here. I have never driven one any distance, only round a parking lot, but they're wicked cars. Although having said that they went a bit down hill lately, the older ones are loads better! the corrado is by far the best looking though.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Newfish said:
whats with the VW'd bashing, don't you like them? They are the car to have over here. I have never driven one any distance, only round a parking lot, but they're wicked cars. Although having said that they went a bit down hill lately, the older ones are loads better! the corrado is by far the best looking though.
I dont mind VWs, I have a few friends who have owned several. I definitely have to agree with you on the older ones being loads better though. A friend of mine has an 86 Jetta that he absolutely beats on everyday, and all he ever seems to really have to do to it is change the oil. But on the other hand, an uncle of mine had an 96 automatic VR6 passat that seemed like it went through a transmission every month.

Ive only had the chance to drive one corrado that was a G60 model(which I think is a supercharged 1.8 or something), I liked it way more than I did the 02 GTI I drove. Ive only seen one of the VR6 corrados before, and it wasnt for sale. But Id have to agree on the corrados being one of the best looking VWs around, with exception to this:
http://hpamotorsports.com/projects_fini ... gicR32.htm

·
Registered
247 Posts
im not bashing VWs, im sticking up for them. nearly all my friends drive them, and they are all older models, and they are all fun to drive.

im not digging the design on the new jetta or gti though. looks fugly, like a dodge neon with the VW symbol on it

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Actually, one of my best friends has an '02 Jetta 1.8T. It is a blast to drive, and very well designed and put together. I think it's a great car. But I personally prefer Honda's. Especially early 90's Honda's for some reason. ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts