Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '91 CRX DX
My manual says to change the timing belt between 60K and 100K miles of use. That's a 40K miles window.
I am just over 70K miles on this timing belt. If I used the midpoint of the 60-100k window (80K miles) that would be a year or two from now with the amount of driving I do. Do you guys have a rule of thumb you use to decide when to replace the belt and still be safe?
Bill in Oregon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you are asking, it's time. It's one of those there that there is no point in pushing.

Thanks
I just joined this forum,...and mainly to ask that question. I went out and took the picture of my CRX so I'd have something on my posts. I live in the High Desert (central Oregon) and there's no rust problem here so the car is old, but almost perfect. Guess I need to order a water pump/ timing belt kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it's 19 years old and sat for a year, without a doubt I'd get it done.
Thanks, guys.
I had read the 60k-100k note and was planning to put it off for awhile since I don't put many miles on it per year but after reading about the 84 months note, I made an appointment to get it done tomorrow morning. I stopped driving it as soon as I read that latest note since I believe in irony. My hope. now, is that it won't come apart on the way to the dealer. I've seen s**t like that happen.
Thanks again.
Bill in Oregon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts