Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my girlfriend went to town and waxed my car but got some all over the black trim surrounding the car and some of the rubbery stuff in between the door and the roof. you cant blame her though she was just putting some extra love into it.
the problem is i cant get it off, are there any solutions, products that would take it off with ease or am I screwed?
thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
That's good stuff. I've had very good luck with Klasse All-In-One on stuff like that. It's not something you'll find at you local store, but it does one heck of a job (and leave protection behind, which is always nice).

·
Registered
952 Posts
I second the mothers Back to Black.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you can't get it totally off, try a heat gun, I use it to restore faded trim. Take your time go slowly and do not heat up the plastic too much or you will destroy it. Better yet try the heat gun on some spare trim if you have any,it works like a champ.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wax melts at a much lower temperature than rubber, thereby getting rid of the wax but leaving the rubber intact.

·
Administrator
16,562 Posts
Ragnaarok said:
jay88h said:
try a heat gun, I use it to restore faded trim.
how exactly does the heat restore the trim ??
The objective is to melt the outer surface of the trim to bring back the brilliance of brand new plastic. Any stains or small scratches can be melted away. If you're good, the texture on the trim stays 100%.

I used to do this when prepping used car trade-ins for retail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.