Honda CRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic CR-X b18c
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thank you for taking the time to read this and help! i’ll try to make this as quick as possible.

‘96 b18c gsr swapped into a ‘91 chassis and the only bolt ons are just the coil on plugs.

i’m redoing the engine harness because the wiring underneath the dash was atrocious. i’m new to modding and don’t know anything about wiring so i bought a rywire engine harness. a b series tucked obd1 harness because i have an obd1 p72 and in my hurry to get it done i forgot, i have an obd2 engine running an obd1 ecu.

besides the obvious jumper from obd1-obd2 alternator is there anything else that won’t work on this harness? or should i be fine using it? will i have to modify this rywire harness? the COP will need wired into the harness as well right? is there anywhere with a map of all the plug ins and sensor locations for the obd1 vs obd2 engine? did i fuck this up? ):

·
Registered
a CRX
2,570 Posts
What are your plans the the engine as far as mods go? Honestly, I would just get rid of the COP and run a distributor, they're good until 400+whp. If you're running stock GSR (OBD2) you'll need adapter harnesses with them or just run a different injector. If you use the OEM GSR injectors, you'll need to delete the injector resistor box.

I'd also remove that OEM GSR intake plenum for a Skunk2 (or equivalent) IM, gives you way more room in the engine bay and remove unnecessary vacuum lines/sensors.

You can also remove the firewall mounted control box (MAP/EVAP) in favor of using the stock GSR MAP on the throttle body.

Also, if you planning on running an aftermarket header, you'll need to use a different front crossmember (like Innovative) as most headers won't fit without a lot of trimming.

What engine management are you going to be using?

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic CR-X b18c
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the plan is to just have a “fun” (extra power) little rex daily. i wanted to turbo it eventually but i decided against it for sake of the daily drive.

the resistor box is removed, as well as the control box because i’m using the MAP on the throttle body. i already have the innovative crossmember installed as well.

since i’m not going to be doing anything crazy crazy i planned on just having the chipped p72 as i already modified it to have to COP.

with the skunk2 IM or the current one, will the obd1 rywire engine harness work? will i need more adapters for say the injectors ect? or will i need to buy a whole new harness?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts